WAG How many years- what level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD started gym at 3, team at 5.5. She just turned 9 so 6 years all together. She's a L9.

3 gymnasts, boys in team/comp gym for 4.5 years , one competed L6 one L7 this year. DD in comp gym (hot shots (pre-team ages 5-6) and up) for 6.5 years, competed L7 last year, training L8 only after quitting for a couple of months this year. All three did a little rec/toddler classes before competitive gym...a year for DD and younger DS, 3 years for older DS (more interested in legos than his BHS at the time....now wonders if he'd be a level 10 had he started sooner - NOPE...he had not the focus or drive, but I let him wonder!)

It really depends on what level you call gymnastics. DD started with Mommy & Me classes, at 1.5yo. ;)
Anyway, she's 7 and Level 5.

Daughter started old level 2 at almost 7, now 9, just finished L3, now a L4

year 1: 5 YO rec/hot shots
year 2: 6YO pre-team
year 3: 7YO old L3
year 4: 8YO old L5
year 5: 9YO new L6/L7 (half season at each level)
year 6: 10YO L7

She will be an L8 next year for her 7th year of gymnastics.
And now I'm going to go get out her little bitty old leotards and remember how little she used to be. :-(

Wow, I guess I have not been keeping track! She must be doing really well to have moved up mid-season. I hope she had a great state meet and is off to regionals! Is she going to stay at L9 all next year?
She's not competing rt now. She will most likely enter into HOPES next year. She's just focusing on polishing her skills for then. She landed her dbl back last week and is working on an Arabian for beam. It's all happening soooo fast. Wish I knew back then what I know now! I would savor a few more moments!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back