WAG How many years- what level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD has been in gymnastics off and on since Mommy & Me but didn't join team until a year and a half ago. She is currently competing Level 4 and training to hopefully be 6 or 7 next season.

A bit a of brie with that and the world will be a better place.

Gotcha all covered, right here.

Actually, I need to make this happen- the weather here has been begging for a picnic!
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1427656100.500539.jpg

Oldest dd started at 18 months with mommy and me, moved to competitive at 6, and is now on her last year of gymnastics, so about 15 years. She just finished competing level 7, she'll be 18 in November and off to university. Time has really flied I remember her first class ever, it really doesn't seem that long ago

My younger dds started at 2 with mommy and me, then went competitive at 6 and is now is competing level 4 at 8, hopefully will move up to level 5 this summer.

^^ exactly! My dd has been in gym for 6 years. She is just finishing competing her second season at Level 8, but she is training level 9 & 10 skills ;)

My ds has been in gym for a total of 5 years and he just has regionals to go for his level 6 season, but his hc is working to push his group of boys to Level 7 or 8 for next year, so they are uptraining, too.

Some parents are more "loose" with their definition of their child's level. :rolleyes:

I thought we were putting what level our kids competed this year since season is winding to a close. That's what I did. I guess I assume it's pretty obvious that if you are an L7, you are also training L8/L9 skills. No?

Just to be clear, my kid has not competed L8 yet. She will next season but she just finished state at L7 this weekend. So 100% L7 this past season but has all L8 but her yurchenko.

So, technically, since DD has not competed as a L9, I guess that means she is still a L8? Her usag profile (who I have no clue who manages or updates) lists her as a L9 so I just assumed she could be labeled as L9 (my apologies). And if we are going by USAG declared levels (by competing in a sectional or state meet), DD is a L4 as this was the last state meet she competed. This is where the grey area comes in.

DD was invited to pre-team at age 5. She's now 10 yo and finishing up her Level 6 season (States next month!).

So, technically, since DD has not competed as a L9, I guess that means she is still a L8? Her usag profile (who I have no clue who manages or updates) lists her as a L9 so I just assumed she could be labeled as L9 (my apologies). And if we are going by USAG declared levels (by competing in a sectional or state meet), DD is a L4 as this was the last state meet she competed. This is where the grey area comes in.

Where is this USAG profile you mention?

Has she been injured or sick for all of her state meets? Sorry, a little confused here.

Where is this USAG profile you mention?

Has she been injured or sick for all of her state meets? Sorry, a little confused here.
On usag website, you register with your athletes member # & it sends you info on the meets/events they are registered for.
Dec 2013, competed L4 state meet.
Spring '14 competed L5, did not compete compulsory season @ L5 as she was preparing for national testing.
Spring '15 competed in 3 L7 meets, very high end skilled routines and she started to get discouraged. Her coaches, led by her demeanor, thought it best to focus on upper level skills for the remainder of the season, but wanted her to score out of L8 first so she competed in 1 teeny tiny meet as a L8, received state qualifying score, but she is preparing for TOPS camp and state and regional meet would interfere with the skills she would like to take to camp so no L7 or L8 state meet. Just training......

Oh wow - seems like my DD's progress has been slow. It's been almost seven years total, including rec. She's training level 7.

Started rec age 4. Pre-preteam at age 6. Preteam 6.5. Moved to team at 7.5. Competed first fall season of old 4 at age 8. Repeated and did new 3 age 9. New 4 age 10.

Currently she's going on 11 with the hope of level 7 next spring.

DS did tots/rec beginning at age 3. He's always liked it, but didn't take it as "seriously" as DD. He took a few breaks when he was "getting bored". This summer he decided he wanted to do boys team and really started to go for it. Within six months he was invited to a new preteam group, and now he'll start level 4 team next month. He's 8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back