Parents TOPS Developmental Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tgpgjg

Proud Parent
Has anyone heard if they are in fact having a TOPs developmental camp in May? I know of an invite camp but am wondering about the developmental one, that A & B campers can go to.

Last year they had an invite camp and a developmental one. I am trying to find out if they are having both or just the invite. Where your girls invited when they went to the developmental camp last December?

Yes they will have both. DIC is May 22-25 and DC is May 26-29. The 'invite' camp is for TOPS. Developmental camp is typically for HOPES-aged gymnasts.

Yes, DD was 'invited' at TOPS B camp last year. Developmental camp is a step above the DIC so a DC gymnast wouldn't be invited to the DIC. For DIC, invitees are given 1st preference, then TOPS A & Diamond, then TOPS B, then national qualifiers, then state testers.

Yes, DD was 'invited' at TOPS B camp last year. Developmental camp is a step above the DIC so a DC gymnast wouldn't be invited to the DIC. For DIC, invitees are given 1st preference, then TOPS A & Diamond, then TOPS B, then national qualifiers, then state testers.

Ok, I am sorry I am asking so many questions. So if my DD was in TOPS B, but is not HOPES age eligible, can she sign up for any of the May camps?

Yes, she can sign up for the DIC camps IF there's room when TOPS B priority opens up. I don't know when that is. My DD, TOPS B, was invited and we have already received confirmation that she has been registered for the May camp. Have your coaches check today.

Yes, she can sign up for the DIC camps IF there's room when TOPS B priority opens up. I don't know when that is. My DD, TOPS B, was invited and we have already received confirmation that she has been registered for the May camp. Have your coaches check today.

Ok, thanks, he has been waiting on a reply from them. He has asked about it a few times, but has not gotten a response.

Ok, thanks, he has been waiting on a reply from them. He has asked about it a few times, but has not gotten a response.
He would need to contact Kim Riley. They usually send coaches of athletes that are eligible, registration information. They also provide Kim's contact info for any questions regarding camps, on USA gymnastics website.

GYMOM described the process well with regard to how they accept campers. However, our group of 3 consists of a Hopes athlete. I think it depends on the coaches efforts, and the interest in the athlete. We had confirmation of the invite in January.

The gymnasts at Dev Camp in May can do full verification. DIC is not a verification camp. For that and other reasons, most gymnasts competing hopes in 2015 are going this May to Dev camp instead of DIC.

It is my understanding that there is no verification in the May Dev camp. There is a qualifier immediately after camp, however.

Out of curiosity as a Canadian, can someone explain what the verification references are about? Thanks!
Not sure if I can explain it well, so someone please jump in and correct/clarify....

Certain camps have a verification component, where the gymnasts can do full routines on competition surfaces. These routines are scored. Sometimes that verification can be for qualification scores (e.g., HOPES, Jr. Elite, etc). I am sure that there is a good bit that I am leaving out, but it is the best that I can do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back