WAG How many years- what level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Year 1: competed old level 4 in fall & scored out of old 5 in spring
Year 2: competed old level 6
Year 3: competed old level 6
Year 4: competed new 5 in fall & new 6 in spring
Year 5: competing level 7
So 5 years & level 7. I progressed extremely fast at first, then got stuck at level 6 forever! :)

YG: Baby gym @ 17 months old - 2.5 years old
Preschool gym 2.5 years to 4y 8m
Progressive rec levels 4y 9m - 6y 4m
Team (old L4) - 2 years
Team (new 3) - 1 year
Team (Xcel Gold) - 1 year ... but will do it again next season.

OG: Preschool gym 4y 5m - 4y 10m
Progressive rec levels 4y 10m - 6y 5m
Team (old L4) - 2 years
Team (old L5) - 1 year
Team (Old L6) - 1 year
Team (Xcel Gold) - 2 years
Team (Xcel Platinum) - 1 year, but did not compete due to drama ... intends to compete it next season (based on a conversation SHE initiated 3 days ago).

The girls have been in gymnastics for just shy of 9 years... in April 3, it will be exactly 9 years!

dd just finished competing xcel silver and is supposed to compete 7 in the spring.
she actually first stepped foot in a gym just 21 months ago at age 8.
she is an older starter and a fast learner- will be interesting to see if she maintains this pace.
its been a very exciting journey so far!

My Dd started at 3, was put on the preteam at 6 (competed two L3 meets about a year in) and the team 16 months later. She competed Xcel Gold this year (we still have states in May). She turned 8 last month and will hopefully be L6 in the fall. As you've seen, they are all different! Good luck .)

13 mo - 36 mo - 1-2's class
3-4 preschool
4.75-7 started developmental (pre team) - our gym didn't compete old 3 back then
7 - old level 4
8 - old level 4
9 - old level 5
10 - new level 5
11 - new level 6

Mine just finished her 7th competitive season -- she's a L9. She done 1 yr per level starting with old L3, but will be repeating L9 next season.

Tot classes/rec classes starting at age 3
Made pre-team at 5 1/2
Started competing old L4 at age 7
Competed old L5 age 8
Competed old L6 age 9
Competed L7 age 10
Finishing up L8 season age 11.
Next season, will either repeat L8 or move up to L9 at age 12.

DD started toddler classes she was 2.5-years old. She started on team at 6-years old and did two years of old 4, one of old 5, one of xcel platinum combined with scoring out of old 6 at the end of that season, one of level 7, and just finished a season of level 8. Now it's up to the coaches and her skill set toward the end of summer whether she repeats 8 or moves to 9, so I'll just say she's training 9.

If we're talking years on team and pre-team (not including rec/parent & me classes): It's been 4 years, 7 years old, just finished L6 season.

If you include the years prior to team track classes, then she's been in gymnastics classes for about 6 years and is 7yo (will be 8 next month) and just finished L6.

DD started the gym the summer she turned 6.

Year 1 - levels 1,2,3
Year 2 - Pre-team
Year 3 - Old level 5
Year 4 - New level 6
Year 5 - Level 7

It's an interesting roller coaster. So long as she is happy we will continue to enjoy the ride.

Third year on team, finishing off her level 5 season. She competed Xcel Bronze the first year, new level 3 last year, scored out of 4 and competed 5 this year.

5yo: Tap/Tumble, rec.
6yo: No gym, trying other sports
7yo: Rec/Club team
8 yo: Old JO 3
9 yo: New JO 4
10 yo: JO 5
11 yo: JO 6 or 7, TBD

Started gymnastics (rec) almost exactly 5yrs ago when she was 5, almost 6.
Started doing TOPs when she was 8.
Went to team and competed new L4 last season, at age 9.
Competed L5 this season at age 10.

Age 7- first rec class...then training with Bronze team
Age 8- Xcel Silver (1st year of competition)
Age 9- Xcel Silver
Age 10- Scored out of JO 4 and 5. Rest of season at Xcel Gold.
Next year- JO 6\7

DD started gym at 7 1/2. Went straight to our version of pre-team. Did 7 months there and moved to level 3. She repeated level 3 this season. She has 2 weeks until States and well be moving to level 4.

So, 2 1/2 years she went (well I can say this in two weeks) from her first day to being on the level 4 team.

Sometimes it leaves me wondering where she would be if we had started a year or two earlier.

DD started gym in 1st grade, rec. Was invited to old L2, but she wouldn't compete.
Changed gyms for 2nd grade. Stayed rec in 2nd and 3rd grade. Finally told her move up to compete or find a new sport - LOL!
4th grade: old L2 and old L3
5th grade: L3
6th grade: L4 (now). Trying very hard to score out of L5 in 2 weeks.

So 3 years rec/pre-team.
3 years competing.
L4/5. Hoping for L6 in year 7.

DD started with a Mommy and Me class at 18 months, was on preteam at 4 1/2 and joined team at 6. She just completed her 5th year of competing (11 yr. old level 7).

DD started gymnastics in January 2013 in rec classes at age 6. Asked to be on level 1 team in June 2013. Competed one season at level 1. In June 2014 moved to level 3. Just finished the season and is training level 4.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back