WAG Level 9 - 34 at states = regionals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wgymmom

Proud Parent
Is this hard and fast, for all regions, that a 34 AA at states for L9 will make it to regionals? TIA.

Can someone help me?
I thought I'd heard that each state (I'm in region 8) gets a specific number of spots for the regionals.
Is that not the case? Or is it different by level?

Thank you!

Can someone help me?
I thought I'd heard that each state (I'm in region 8) gets a specific number of spots for the regionals.

Thank you!
Different by level, in 9 and 10 there's a score they. Must meet to go

In level 8 there is a minimum score Plus only the top number of spots per age group. Each state is allotted a certain number of spots to go to Regionals, but it doesn't matter if you are #3 in age group, if you don't have minimum score, you don't go.

Also, for instance in Region 7, there are so many girls in Level 8 in Virginia, and so few in Delaware, that a good portion of the Delaware team to Regionals is made up of girls from Virginia ( also, Maryland, New Jersey, so forth).

In Region 7 , in the Child age groups, usually girls have to be scoring in 37 range to make Regionals. Juniors, it is usually, high 36s.

It is different for the upper Levels it is by State score which in Region 3 is 34.
I think it is level 7 that is is by percentage in some Regions.

I've been trying to figure this out too for L8, 9, and 10.
So is this right (please correct where wrong!):

LEVEL 8: must meet minimum qualification score, but only a certain number by each state's age group can go - so everyone has to compete at a state meet before that is all sorted out and it is determined who goes to regionals.
'Super 8' by state - top 8 scores (+9th best score as alternate) compete at a separate session at the Level 8 regional meets - top scorers are regardless of age group (??) - so each state's 'superstars' within a region go head to head at a special session

LEVEL 9 and 10 - must meet minimum score to make it to regionals - this minimum score is determined by region and no cap on number of gymnasts who can qualify

Thanks to anyone who can correct this - this is all a fuzzy mystery to me! :)

Can someone help me?

Thank you!
Region 8 does the state by state allotment for level 7 & level 8.

This varies by state and region, so if you're interested in a particular region you need to ask about that specifically. some regions have level 8s qualify to regionals with a score of 34 in addition to doing the super team session. They do the super team session with the top 8 from every state regardless of age group and then have other sessions for individuals with a 34, or just have a state team for each session and then individuals who got a 34 also. I know off the top of my head region 4 and 5 do it this way.

My region does not do this, essentially each age group has a super team from each state, but by the time they fill the other teams from smaller states with kids from bigger states I'm not sure why, what is the point? 34 seems to low for level 8, but maybe a 36 or a 36.5 would work. Then have a super team session with the top # from each state regardless of age because even our smaller states could fill that.

I think Region 8 is the only one that raised it to 34.5. It used to be set as 34 nationally, but they changed the rule last year to allow each region to set their own score for L9 and L10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back