WAG Making up for lost time!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

On the other hand, all level 8s doing double fulls is not expected. Bars is usually what holds people back from level 9 and 10, and then if you wanted to order the other things, floor is probably last. So, I don't really care about whose kid is what level. Just saying.

Yes, you are right. I'm just surprised that for someone who has mentioned HOPEs training and scoring out of level 8 to "just train" that the tumbling isn't at a higher level. And I know different gyms have different standards - I guess I was just expecting something different when HOPEs is mentioned.

Indeed, bars and vault seem to be the determining factor for whether there is to be success at the higher optional levels.

On the other hand, all level 8s doing double fulls is not expected. Bars is usually what holds people back from level 9 and 10, and then if you wanted to order the other things, floor is probably last. So, I don't really care about whose kid is what level. Just saying.
What level would a BHS layout layout on beam be? I agree with the bars holding back gymnasts!

I think (and I could be wrong) that she's going to compete Level 9 next year. I would think that her one Level 8 meet this year wouldn't maximize all of her skills but more along the lines of trying a few new ones to gain competition experience. I think the strategy behind a kid doing 8 for one meet in order to utrain and do Hopes/TOPS and one doing 8 for a whole season would be totally different.

I remember my daughter talking about her from camp. She said "mom she is so cute and she can do double back pikes and she is only 8 years old!" I would love to see her do her tumbling, I bet she is super adorable to see in person.:)
Yes we remember your DD from camp! I can send you that video so you can see!

What level would a BHS layout layout on beam be? I agree with the bars holding back gymnasts!

Not usually used in JO gymnastics because of the rules, no need for it. Occasional level 10s do it. Technically in level 9 the BHS BHS fulfills the acro series requirement, though by states/regionals you'd probably get a compositional deduction. Most gyms want a series with a salto in level 9.

Apparently it's now some level higher than Elite since the rules have all the girls doing bhs loso and that's it. I miss the days of the long series on beam!

Isn't elite the highest level you can be? They would compete FIG and yes you will see more BHS LO LO appearing now. It is definitely the series to have these days on the world stage.

Yes, my comment was tongue in cheek. Back in the 80s and 90s, bhs loso loso was a common beam series. A few girls even did bhs loso loso loso. Today, most of the girls get by with a two element acro pass, sadly.

Not usually used in JO gymnastics because of the rules, no need for it. Occasional level 10s do it. Technically in level 9 the BHS BHS fulfills the acro series requirement, though by states/regionals you'd probably get a compositional deduction. Most gyms want a series with a salto in level 9.

My daughter did BHS BLO on beam as an 8. She also did it as a 9. It is very common here in our region to see very high level skills in JO being performed. But it varies from region to region. Oh and the dismount was flight to double full in 9. So technically she did BHS BHS as well, but only as part of her dismount.

Our gym requires BHS-BLO in L9. I've seen there be a bit of flexibility in that, but about 3/4 of the team competes that as their series.

Yes, my comment was tongue in cheek. Back in the 80s and 90s, bhs loso loso was a common beam series. A few girls even did bhs loso loso loso. Today, most of the girls get by with a two element acro pass, sadly.
Simone Biles is the only elite I've noticed that does BHS LO LO on beam lately.

She is pretty s
Simone Biles is the only elite I've noticed that does BHS LO LO on beam lately.[/Q

She is pretty short and it fits on the beam. I don't think the beam is long enough for someone as tall as Kyla to fit it on the beam. But I bet that they could do it with a longer beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back