Parents Update !!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Libby's gym mom

Proud Parent
Well been a while since last post. So just a quick up date on anyone who remembers me ??
My little gymie is no longer a part of her artistic squad as from around 7 weeks , she is now training with floor and vault !!
And what a transformation !! Confidence in full throw and great little well should I say big new friends .
Competed in her first comp Sunday and she came 14th on the floor 8.45 and 17th 7.40 on vault 21st overall out of 50 . Now that sounds quite good to me ?? Thoughts ??
This is a little girl who had previously had her confidence and fear smashed . Hope some of you remember xxx

Well been a while since last post. So just a quick up date on anyone who remembers me ??
My little gymie is no longer a part of her artistic squad as from around 7 weeks , she is now training with floor and vault !!
And what a transformation !! Confidence in full throw and great little well should I say big new friends .
Competed in her first comp Sunday and she came 14th on the floor 8.45 and 17th 7.40 on vault 21st overall out of 50 . Now that sounds quite good to me ?? Thoughts ??
This is a little girl who had previously had her confidence and fear smashed . Hope some of you remember xxx

Scores are relative. Confidence is everything in life. In and out of the gym. So my thoughts are WOOOHOOO!!!!

I'm new here since you posted but reread back through your threads.

So pleased your Dd is happy and thriving now:)

I'm curious as to how your squads work? Here in Vic, Australia we have WAG squads who train all 4 apparatus- I gather you have separate squads which just train some apparatus? Obviously you must have squads that train and compete all 4 apparatus?

Hi
I have read your past posts and wondered what had happened, everything had gone quiet. This sounds like a great thing for your daughter, I have a question though, from what I have read your daughter seemed to be in a elite track, wasn't there an option for her to do the new club grades? How many days or hours will your daughter do?
My daughter will be starting in a new group in two weeks and will be training 3 days a week, from what I have been told she will be doing County Grades (not new club grades), I am not sure if her group is a Floor and Vault group as they will be doing 7 1/2 hours a week.

Congrats! Pleased she's doing well!

Auswi floor and vault is a competitive option for kids who don't want to do high hours, or maybe don't have the strength to to bars, fears on beam, or for clubs that don't have pits/full facilities (purpose built kitted out gyms are still relatively rare). Plus it means clubs can pack in more kids=more money.

There are several streams- elite, stupid hours, stupid commitment, and must be on it by 8 yrs. very few are selected. Grades- in many clubs, still stupid hours (18+ is common). So floor and vault can be done in 6 hours a week, and concentrating on two pieces means they can get to a high standard.

There are several streams- elite, stupid hours, stupid commitment, and must be on it by 8 yrs. very few are selected. Grades- in many clubs, still stupid hours (18+ is common). So floor and vault can be done in 6 hours a week, and concentrating on two pieces means they can get to a high standard.

Is there any restrictions in the amount of hours you train to compete in Floor and Vault or does every county/region have different rules? I think 7 1/2 hours a week for County Grades is crazy, but I am hoping it will make difference to her strength and skills by going 3 times a week instead of 2. Sorry to high jack the thread, I am still trying to get my head around the BG pathway, it is very confusing. What is the pathway at your gym Faith and Libby's gym mom and any other UK parent who can answer? I know a little about Club Grades, National and Regional as well as Compulsory (elite?) , but there are more pathways then that aren't there?

So glad she is enjoying her gymnastics and doing well in her new squad. That is brilliant news! Did you change clubs in the end or just a different pathway within the club? And well done in her first competition. 21st out of 50 sounds good to me.

Is there any restrictions in the amount of hours you train to compete in Floor and Vault or does every county/region have different rules? I think 7 1/2 hours a week for County Grades is crazy, but I am hoping it will make difference to her strength and skills by going 3 times a week instead of 2. Sorry to high jack the thread, I am still trying to get my head around the BG pathway, it is very confusing. What is the pathway at your gym Faith and Libby's gym mom and any other UK parent who can answer? I know a little about Club Grades, National and Regional as well as Compulsory (elite?) , but there are more pathways then that aren't there?

I think there are some old threads you can look through which might be helpful like this one

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/threads/alternative-grades.49788/

Thanks, that was an interesting read about the new club grades, but what about other pathways if they do not do club grades etc? Is there any UK posters who compete but do not do club grades etc? To be really honest I have no clue what my daughter will be doing, I just know that they are on some sort of pathway of progression. Looks like I will need to ask at the gym. It would be nice if they said your daughter is training on such and such days for this many hours and this is the pathway and progression that we hope they will follow. That sort of information would be great in an ideal world, but something is telling me that this is not an ideal world lol.

Hiya thanks for all your replies !!
She is extremely happy , she is still with her same club just a different coach with the opposite approach !!
She is growing in confidence by the second and nearly have the little gymie back that was lost . I fact her coach said there is no reason for her not to return to artistic once she has found herself once more but I replied to be honest as long as she is happy and enjoying her gym I'm not bothered which group she's in !!

She is extremely happy , she is still with her same club just a different coach with the opposite approach !!
She is growing in confidence by the second and nearly have the little gymie back that was lost . I fact her coach said there is no reason for her not to return to artistic once she has found herself once more but I replied to be honest as long as she is happy and enjoying her gym I'm not bothered which group she's in !!

It is great that your little girl has found her confidence again and is happy. My daughter is now on her 2nd week in her new group and the change in her has been amazing, gym wise things are going pretty much how they were in the past group but from a social aspect she is a different girl in the gym, going from being slightly withdrawn and not very confident to a little girl who is bouncing all over the place and has more confidence. Sometimes it needs either a gym change or a group change to see how badly things were going and how good it can be with the right group for your daughter.

It is so important to find the right fit for your kid. That could be different coach, pathway, club, discipline, hours, peer group etc. she will really shine now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back