Parents Gymnastics Camp: Labels- recommendations needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymGirl's Mom

Proud Parent
Hello- looking for experienced moms of campers for advice. Can anyone provide names and/or links to good labels you have found that WORK, stay on, don't rub off, fade, wash off, etc? Need to label everything, especially because my DD is not an organized person and, at minimum, I would like all her leos to make it home from camp (I may be dreaming).

Not sure if links to products are ok on this board. Just looking for ideas/advice for something that will stick. I will Sharpie everything I can, but leos are harder. Help! I am sending her with a stack of meet shirts and a stack of crappy Wal Mart shorts (could care less if they return), but do need a way to label all her stuff that I cannot label with a Sharpie. Thanks

You could always stitch a tag with her name on it. They sell them, for common names, at craft stores.

ETA: I make DD a checklist of all the 'important' stuff.

Thanks! Her name is not that common, and I would prefer not to sew, if I don't have to. Boy Scout and Karate patches are enough sewing for me for a lifetime!

That's why I love name bubbles, no sewing, no ironing, you just stick them on. And they stay on forever! DD wears her older sister's clothes from 5 years ago, and they still have the labels on.

I've used both Mabel's Labels and Name Bubbles, and they have all stayed on through many washings and excessive wear and tear. Make sure you read the fine print, since some labels are clothing specific, and some are not.

We have used Mabel's Labels too and have been very pleased. The labels work great in leos and were easy to remove when we sold them in a consignment sale 2 years later.

Probably not allowed to say here... But I'm a lovable label rep and have some discount codes if anyone needs them

If your DD isn't happy with labels inside her leos (without even knowing, my DD would claim it was itchy and have a fit), We learned for DD's safety patrol trip to WAshington DC to put each day's things in a 2gal ziplock bag and write the name and day on it.

When DD went to camp last year, I used smaller ziplocks, one for each day of camp that included a leo, sports bra, and shorts. As she wore them, they went back into the ziplock bag and thrown in her suitcase as dirty clothes.

Just an extra idea ;)

lol...reminds me that next time DD goes to a week away gym camp that i have to put everything in its own little baggie, like shirts, shorts, pajamas, etc. Last year when she was at IGC, I saw pics of her wearing her pajamas, and the same clothes and stuff. *sigh*. I just sharpied everything, including leos (the back top where the tag normally is on clothes). I even told her where everything was! I guess kids will be kids in the simplest form ever!

I just used a sharpie.

My dd is pretty self sufficient though and kept track of her stuff pretty well. I also did not send any of her most special leotards.

This is a good time to hunt for cheap ones to send to camp. I stalk Zulily for good back-up leos.

I use Label Land (online) for all of my camp labels. With two kids doing between 2 and 4 camps each summer, I go through a lot of labels! These have always worked well for me and I like that they have a variety of different options -- iron on, stick on, ones for shoes, ones that don't wash off... I use iron on for most clothing -- though I decided that I didn't care if socks came back so I skip those.

Funny camp story: The first time I sent my son to sleep away camp he was so proud of himself when he came home. Said "Mom, you don't have to worry about doing extra laundry -- I didn't change my clothes all week!" That's when I realized that I could make sure things came home but that was about it! Now I label, having them pack their own bags, and then don't worry about it. Who cares what they are wearing as long as it is safe and they are having fun?

I use Mabel's Labels on everything. The Tag Mates labels are tiny enough that they don't bother her, even in leos or swimsuits. They stick forever and are easy to remove when the clothes are outgrown and it's time to donate or resell.

Did this for Camp last summer. BRILLIANT! Everything came home! Hindsight, I'd add an extra set of un bagged warm clothes for evening wear.
When DD went to camp last year, I used smaller ziplocks, one for each day of camp that included a leo, sports bra, and shorts. As she wore them, they went back into the ziplock bag and thrown in her suitcase as dirty clothes.

Just an extra idea ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back