WAG Weaning off ankle braces

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This summer I want to try to stop being so dependent on my ankle braces. Any advice would be great, but I can't just stop wearing them. I used them for everything. My ankles roll very easily. I've been to physical therapy but we always end up going too fast and it never happens. Sense were in off season I thought I could start using them for less, like tramp tumbling. But I'm afraid they'll still roll.

I remember you saying you use ASO ankle braces... so maybe try buying some neoprene ankle braces.... they still have some support... but not as much. After wearing those than go with prewrap... and then nothing. Start off with nothing on bars... then beam... then tramp... then floor... then tumbling...then vault. Ask your coaches and PT

make sure you are writing the (capital) A, B, C's (the whole alphabet) with your big toe at least twice daily. This helps restore your ankles' proprioception (knowing where it is in space) and prevents further injury.
I also think that going from an ASO to a sleeve would be a good first step. I agree with coaches/trainer/PT for advice about how fast to wean out.

We go back to practice tomorrow (we had Monday and Tuesday off) and I'll talk to her and her husband (he's a of) about it. I wold just love to get rid of them, I've had to wear them for 6 years now and it's getting old, thanks for the suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back