WAG Ok, who LIKES their coach??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Because I LOVE my daughter's (not that I want to pick out curtains or anything, lol). She is awesome. I am just wondering if I am the lone ranger, or are there more our there like me who actually speak to the coach on a friendly basis, and have little to no issues. We have no issues and feel very blessed.:D

I love all the coaches at DD's gym. I've never seen any of them raise their voice or speak unkindly to anyone, EVER. They are always positive, always encouraging, always friendly, always contactable, always make time...they know everyone's name. Best gym ever :)

We have been at 2 gyms. One in Florida and now one in CA. I have LOVED all of DD's coaches so far :)

Our coaches are great! I love that they all bring different strengths to the table, but all clearly have the gymnasts' best interests at heart. I trust them with my kid, without a doubt.
They are accessible, honest and friendly. I like them as coaches and as individuals. :)

My daughters have great coaches, love them both even though we are not going to be one of them anyone for training soon, I am not going to lie and say every thing has been like a bed of roses from time to time but after witnessing the level of care and emotion that goest into coaching, especially when girls get put in new groups, I have a whole new level of respect for you coaches. Thank you to all the coaches out there - you are the best and you touch the lives of gymnastics in ways you never thought possible.

So coaches if you are having a bad day, stop, take a little time and remember that a great percentage of your gymnasts are in the sport because of you (and their love for gymnastics), and all the things you do for them.

We are blessed with great coaches, staff and team moms too!! DD was able to keep the same primary coach this year (which is great because they get along like a house on fire). The head team coach is virtually silent, but deadly (lol), communicating mostly with her expressions. We feel sooooo lucky to have a good balance of hard work and fun. DD is thriving in their care.

I love all my kids' coaches. In both gyms.....teachers are very special people.

except for one, who is no longer coaching and should not teach children anything.

Having issues isn't synonymous with disliking your coach. I'm glad to be an adult who can disagree with a coach and still like them.

I love DD's coach. She is a personal friend of mine in addition to being DD's coach. We have several conversations a week that have nothing to do with DD or gymnastics in at all. We talk about our kids (outside life in the gym), our pets, her spouse, my parents, things we want to do together, etc.

We love each other to the point that we can be brutally honest and rarely offend one another. At a recent meet, we were at a leo booth looking at a catalog to start getting ideas for next year's leos. I made some comment that she never likes what I like and she told me it was because my taste in leotards suck. The vendor looked at us very strangely until we explained that we were friends.

So yeah, love the coach even when we have to compromise and find solutions to disagreements.

Having issues isn't synonymous with disliking your coach. I'm glad to be an adult who can disagree with a coach and still like them.

I love DD's coach. She is a personal friend of mine in addition to being DD's coach. We have several conversations a week that have nothing to do with DD or gymnastics in at all. We talk about our kids (outside life in the gym), our pets, her spouse, my parents, things we want to do together, etc.

We love each other to the point that we can be brutally honest and rarely offend one another. At a recent meet, we were at a leo booth looking at a catalog to start getting ideas for next year's leos. I made some comment that she never likes what I like and she told me it was because my taste in leotards suck. The vendor looked at us very strangely until we explained that we were friends.

So yeah, love the coach even when we have to compromise and find solutions to disagreements.

This. My DDs coach is also one of my best friends, our daughters are best friends, and since I manage the gym we talk a lot of gymnastics...but when it comes to my DD on team, she absolutely knows it is all her. If she needs my opinion on something, she'll ask.

My DD's coach is wonderful, we love her. This is DD's third year with her and while at first she claimed to like several of the other coaches better (younger, less strict coaches because she had them for rec classes) they have now developed such a great relationship that my DD is panicked at the thought of transitioning to the next level coach! :) We love all of the coaches at our gym...they're tough and strict but love the girls so much and are really wonderful with them.

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful coaches. Actually DD just finished making Happy Easter cards to the four of them. We are blessed with strict but nurturing coaches.....my DD is thriving with them! We tell them they are awesome all the time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back