airbag vs. foam pit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone have an airbag in their gym that is used as their pit? How do they work? Would you recommend a foam pit or the airbag?

I have been in a few different gyms and I definitely prefer the foam pit because it allows you to land almost every way and not get hurt and I know people who have received (minor) injuries with airbags. Just a personal preference.

You can still be seriously injured in a foam pit. One of the biggest problems with pits is that kids assume they can't get hurt.

Having said that foam pits are easier, they do provide and easier landing and kids get in and out of the, with a lot more ease. You can also do more with them. But air bags are far more hygienic.

I once visited a gym that used an airbag because they had no option of installing a foam pit. It's a good option for those gyms.
I never liked the feeling of landing on it though.
There are very few gyms with foam pits around here. (As in 1 out of 20) The alternative I've seen used most are foam blocks. (hot pink in our case but I've seen them in mint green too ;)) They don't substitute foam pits alltogether but are a lot safer than just resi mats.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back