Alex makes Team Ontario -3rd AA - National Novice (video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
What a competition - so many great gymnasts at Provincial Championship this year. I was on pins and needles during the entire meet.

Alex had already made Nationals - from Elite Canada but chose to compete at Provincials to see if she could make Team Ontario. She was really nervous this time - because she needed to be in the top 6. So because she was nervous - I was nervous (I acted all calm around her but was freaking outside). And I was unable to carry any type of adult conversation as I was watching so intently. Her coaches were amazing getting her focused through the meet.

She started on beam and in warm up completely missed the beam on her BLO. I was thinking this is not a great way to start..... BUT then... she fought and focused.....

She has been fighting with a strained hip flexor and lost her layout vault just after gymnix.... lots of stuff going on.

In the end she ended up placing 3rd overall - and will be part of the 6 gymnasts representing Team Ontario at Nationals. She loves all the girls on her team. She says she has a really nice Novice Group.

Hope you enjoy the video I put together.... we always appreciate the "like" or "comments" on youtube. Enjoy...

Very nice! Good for her. Having a solid Provincials will give her some extra confidence heading into Nationals.

What a great little gymmy!! Dd enjoyed watching her preformance! Very inspiring for others gymnasts to watch:)

Good luck at Nationals- looking forwards to seeing her next video:)

She looks great and so confident. I particularly love her flow on beam and so many skills!!!! Best of luck!!!! We'll be waiting for her results!!!

Thanks everyone for "liking" my post and all the wonderful comments. We are very proud of her positive attitude and work effort in the gym.

Thanks - she won't be going to eastern's. She goes to National at the end of May in Gatineau, PQ.
Congratulations to Alex and mom! I can't wait to watch her at Easterns:) We will also be going! Yay!

I thought her beam looked pretty good too...but that is the apparatus she got most of her deductions on :(
She didn't get credit for her sheep jump and lots a ton of points for execution.
She looks great and so confident. I particularly love her flow on beam and so many skills!!!! Best of luck!!!! We'll be waiting for her results!!!

Thank you
Wow!! Good luck at Nationals!!

Thank you
What a great little gymmy!! Dd enjoyed watching her preformance! Very inspiring for others gymnasts to watch:)
Good luck at Nationals- looking forwards to seeing her next video:)

That could have gone either way - had she not made Team which is what she really really wanted - that would have been a blow to her confidence. Thank goodness
Very nice! Good for her. Having a solid Provincials will give her some extra confidence heading into Nationals.

Thanks Bog :)
Fierce!! She looks awesome.

Your very welcome... thank you so much for watching.... "regular" people (no disrespect) don't know what it takes to be able to do stuff like this. All the work and effort they put into practices, going to physio, massages, missing birthdays, school trips... it takes a lot to be able to gymnastics and I am so happy I can share her journey with great people like you guys...

my dd and I truly enjoyed watching your vid......Alex is a beautiful gymnast. thank you so much for sharing!!

Thank you so much....I appreciate your kind words..
She is really a beautiful gymnast. Just all around amazing.

Congrats on commitment to Denver! It just popped up on my Facebook feed and I was like, "Hey, I know her!" LOL.

my dd is only 7 and is just starting her journey, you're so right when you say that "regular people" (no disrespect) do not know the sacrifices that young gymnasts make for this sport. I know what dd has already chosen to give up at 7 because she would rather be at the gym. It takes a very dedicated, passionate and strong willed child to be able to accomplish those routines.....looking forward to more videos!!!

I completely missed that... ...considering is only 12 I am thinking NO she has not committed to anyone...LOL....

Thank goodness for that. I thought that was a whole lot of crazy considering she is a 2020 girl. I am sure that will come. Clearly Gymbean has her mixed up with someone else.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back