Almost Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MnMgymnast

Gymnast
Hi, I'm 14 (15 in like a month or so) and been at my gym for more than 12 years, been competing for 6 years. Well its almost time for me to become a "former gymnast" and I've found out that a lot of my teammates are quitting also(mostly optional). My coaches know now of everybody that is rumored to quit. So my coaches keep mentioning it and stuff and today we had a big sit down "talk" (as in they give us an 30 min- hr long "talk" where only they talk). When they talk about it and hint about it and stuff I get emotional and either cry or almost do. I know I want to quit but why am I so emotional? What do you think the coaches think about my crying? Does this mean I don't want to quit? I don't understand:(?!

Its normals to be emotional. Are you quitting because your most teammates are quitting? Because thats not a good reason. I didn't go to practice for 2 weeks and i fell when i jumped to the high bar! If you quit you'll lose most of your skills, And if you change your mind........

Btw idk wut im talkin bout

Aww I'm sorry your going through this! Yeah, it is pretty normal to get emotional. I thought about quitting too.... but think about why you want to quit. Do you want to quit because your teammates are, because fear/injuries,etc. Figure out why. Really think about it. Don't let temporary feelings make permanent decisions.

Aww I'm sorry your going through this! Yeah, it is pretty normal to get emotional. I thought about quitting too.... but think about why you want to quit. Do you want to quit because your teammates are, because fear/injuries,etc. Figure out why. Really think about it. Don't let temporary feelings make permanent decisions.
I'm quitting for numerous reasons and my teammates are not one of them I just recently found out that those girls were quitting but obviously some I knew but others I didn't. I've decided to quit before I knew they were. One of the biggest reason was school I just can't keep up and I am falling behind the more I do gym, and my heart just isn't in it anymore. I am actually not a bad gymnast and have had much success, but I don't want to do it like I said my heart just isn't in it anymore. Though I might do small stuff like an open gym here and there but nothing big. Anyways I don't even want to go anywhere in the future with gymnastics anymore so dragging myself into gym for another season seems pointless.

P.S. I hope I didn't sound mad or anything

I'm quitting for numerous reasons and my teammates are not one of them I just recently found out that those girls were quitting but obviously some I knew but others I didn't. I've decided to quit before I knew they were. One of the biggest reason was school I just can't keep up and I am falling behind the more I do gym, and my heart just isn't in it anymore. I am actually not a bad gymnast and have had much success, but I don't want to do it like I said my heart just isn't in it anymore. Though I might do small stuff like an open gym here and there but nothing big. Anyways I don't even want to go anywhere in the future with gymnastics anymore so dragging myself into gym for another season seems pointless.

P.S. I hope I didn't sound mad or anything
You didn't sound mad! But maybe you can do a class, one day a week or xcel. If you don't want to then don't, but maybe consider that option?

Ya I have considered it I am still going to coach rec classes every week and I might workout here and there before or after I coach.

It's natural to get emotional because you're quitting an activity that you feel emotionally attached to after dedicating 12 years of your life to it. I don't know what your coaches are thinking of your crying, but trying thinking of what you'd think if you saw someone else crying? That's probably similar to what your coaches are thinking. Don't let what they think change your decision though. If your heart's not in it, don't do it anymore, simple as that.

Thanks. I'm still quitting no matter what they think, but I appreciate all your guys replies. And I'm less emotional now, i'm doing much better now. I think my teamates have really helped too.

P.S. CameronSasmor96 i've been to the charity choice too! And Region 2 regionals is in the same place!

my heart just isn't in it anymore.

I feel like it's normal to be emotional and I agree with the other posters that you shouldn't quit only because others are. However, if you're not passionate about gymnastics anymore and it doesn't make you happy, then you should quit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back