Off Topic My mom is crazy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

States is on sunday and my mom want me to go to church and a class their having later from 1 to 230. The meet is at 3. She just doesn't understand, she thinks I'm being a brat but it just stupid, i wouldn't have enough time. Am i right?

I get your frustration but moms house moms rules....gymnastics is a sport about over coming during stressful situations....this is definitely not an ideal situation but believe in yourself and don't fight with mom.

If you can reasonably get to the venue by registration time, ( taking into account drive time , mapquest it, which I assume you can do because you have to be 14 to post on Chalkbucket), then it might actually be good for you to have something else to do prior to your meet to get your mind off the competition. Be sure you have your hair done, and meet bag is packed, with a healthy pre- meet snack ready to go in a cooler so you can hop in the car and drive directly to the meet.

If there is no way to physically drive to the venue in 30 minutes, then, it is not reasonable to be late for your meet. Gymnastics is an individual sport, but also a team sport, so you need to report at your assigned time.

By the way, Good Luck at States!

God gave you your talent and I fully believe He will honor your commitment to him and your willingness to respect your mother's authority. Go to church and the class so you can continue to grow your relationship with Him then trust Him to see you through your meet. I'm not saying you will have your best meet ever but in the long run, if you keep Him first, I believe He will continue to bless you in the other areas of your life including gymnastics.

I wouldn't appreciate that extra pressure either, but then again I'm neither very stress-resistant (read: not at all) nor religious. If you're mom insists you go to church, take a deep breath and go with it rather than stressing yourself out even more over something you can't change anyway. Everything might just work out perfectly. It's states, sure, but still only one meet of many. Good luck!

Perhaps you can offer a compromise of going to church in the morning but not the class in the afternoon. I know I would be stressed out by having the schedule you listed! Sometimes more laid-back people don't understand just how freaked out the thought of being late can make me, but I have found that a calm explanation with a suggestion of a mutual compromise tends to bring good results. Expressing that I think the other person is stupid or crazy, either in words or tone, tends not to work out well.

That would freak me out, and i am very spiritual. I seriously would pray for an answer, not kidding, and while I do get the moms house, mom's rules, you are old enough to post here, so you must be old enough to have a fairly adult conversation with your mom about it. By now she must know how you are about meets, and this is a big meet. Good luck to you, and hopefully you can figure out a compromise or a way to be less stressed...I am a time freak, and am always early to allow time for de-stressing.

Well I don't think the mom is being very fair to this girl...it's her state meet on Sunday not just some little invitational. I get the whole church thing, I go myself but is there not an earlier service or even a Saturday nite service that she could attend so there wouldn't be the rush to get out and get to the meet.

I feel like this poor girl has been set up for failure with this . If these were the terms of their arrangements for doing gym ( i.e " even if your State Meet falls on a Sunday during mass, you have to go") , then that's one thing, but from the tone of the OP , it sounds like this is just being sprung on her , and that's not fair to the kid.

To me, if this was how the parents were going to operate, then it would have been a kindness to steer her to a different endeavor that doesn't have Sunday competitions.

We have Chinese school on Sat, religious ed on Sunday morning. If she can do both she does. Only if it is not physically possible to do both does the meet take priority. And she has gone to both places meet ready at times.

God may be testing you, to see if you do the right thing... The right thing is what you truly and honestly think is right. Maybe talk to your coach and see if she/he knows what to do. But in the end the Final answer is yours.

God may be testing you, to see if you do the right thing... The right thing is what you truly and honestly think is right. Maybe talk to your coach and see if she/he knows what to do. But in the end the Final answer is yours.

Very old thread. Please do not post on threads where there is an old thread warning on it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back