WAG Conditioning?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

Vivianflips

I got to practice with the team for the first time yesterday (I'm in a sort of preteam group) and we did about 45 minutes of intense conditioning! Which leads me to, what does your gym or your DC 's gym do for conditioning? I may just be thinking a lot of running, 100 or so push ups etc are intense being I've never done true conditioning before :rolleyes:

DD's team group does warm ups, which usually starts with running, stretching, etc... They do conditioning at the end of practice. It varies in length and intensity depending on the day, but often includes things like frog jumps, leg lifts while hanging on the bar, walking lunges, sprint relays, sit ups, v ups, etc... Sometimes conditioning can be 30-45 min, sometimes it ends up being only 15 or 20 if they've run long on the other parts of practice.

Well I start every practice by running for 10 minutes, then we will all stretch. Then if we have a competition that weekend we will usually do over splits and then right to events. But usually after stretching we will condition, it really depends on the day because we could do any where from 20 minutes to 1 hour of conditioning. Then over splits after, and most days we have sets of standing back tucks.

We start every practice with an hour or so of running, conditioning and stretching (in that order). The amount and intensity of conditioning varies by level at my gym, and I would expect the same at others but I'm not sure.

My gym does 15 minutes of running at the very beginning, then we stretch. If it is a meet weekend we go straight to events, then the last 30 minutes is spent doing conditioning/flexibility. It is usually modified and a bit easier, but we normally do 30 jelly bellys (1 is tuck up, pike up, straddle up), 2 sets of 30 pushups, 50 situps, crunches and obliques to each side. And 15 minutes of hard cardio, then oversplits and other flexibility such as kneeling arches and skin the cats. On states and regionals week we do no conditioning and 15 minutes of flexibility. On normal weeks, we start with 20 minutes of running. We then do 30 minutes of conditioning-not too hard. We then go to events. Then for the last 45 minutes we do conditioning/cardio/flexibility. This is intense, usually 20 minutes in we have at least three girls crying, but we believe in hard conditioning. If you are injured, you get a modified workout. Your conditioning does not sound to bad (it is now, but it will get easier)

Warm up:
5 minutes of running
Pike-squat walks
Needle squat walks
Needle walks
Forward kick to close
Froward kick grabs
Side kick close
Back kick close
Ring kick close
Straight jumps
Tuck jumps
Wrist/ankles
Pre splits
1 min over splits
1 min floor splits
In both legs
1 min over splits middlex2
Bridges
5 press handstands
5 back tucks
5 back extension rolls
5 front walk overs
5 Ariels
5 beam flight

Conditioning

Abs
Everything x2

25 opposite crunches
15 tie touches
15 hip lifts
45 sec hollow hold arms up
12 v ups

Legs

X2
12 candle stick jumps
20 tuck jumps
40 switches
20 straight jumps
20 mountain climbers

Arms
X2

5 pike press handstands
15 push ups feet under
15 tricep dips
10 pike push-ups
10 pull ups

Back/calves
X2

50 calf raises slow, fast, jumping
12 hamstring pushups
25 side v ups
12 reverse sit up
12 reverse leg lifts

And it gets harder every month we are on month 1 it get 20 times hard next month

My daughters group does an hour a day out of a 4 hr practice for level 4. It changes all the time so I can't really give an exact routine. The only thing that is always the same is that they start practice by running stairs. Bars is usually also a longer rotation since they also do bars conditioning there. For some reason my daughter loves bar conditioning. When my daughter first came to this gym she was overwhelmed by the amount of conditioning, old gym probably did 15-20 minutes a practice. Now she is used to it and her body and performance shows the difference. You'll adjust soon enough and will love the benefits of the extra conditioning.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back