Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Have any helpful clubs posted the SW scores? Looks like on fb photos Bristol Hawks took 3 or the 4 places for compulsory 4 with Academy taking the other finals place. Compulsory 3 looks to be a mix of clubs.

Haven't got the full results yet for South West, but from judging vault we saw some amazing vaults for National 1 and Compulsorys. Range also looked pretty good. Think there were only 7 fails overall between national 1,2,3 & 4 and compulsory 5,4 and 3. And there were over 120 gymnasts competing, so a good result

One thing I don't understand is why a club would put children into compulsory' if they didn't think that they were going to 100% pass, for example yes you can have a bad competition and that's okay but when kids are getting 4's and 2's on range and it was just a bad range once they presented, their warm ups were not good either then I just can't see why you would do it? Why would you send a kid to grades if you even had the slightlest doubt they were going to fail

Please don't take this the wrong way just my opinion and wanted to see your thoughts on it?

As a coach I would not put any child into a competition unless they could do the moves but I know some clubs that would put gymnasts in regardless just to get a number passed. These clubs have various reasons for doing this it could be simply to keep the parents happy or maybe the gymnasts can do the moves required in the gym but perhaps only once every 5 tries. A few years back if a gymnast didn't get a certain score on R & C then they would fail anyway regardless of what they scored elsewhere so now thats not a requirment to a pass maybe clubs are thinking ok so "........." can't do R & C but we'll put her in anyway cos she'll do well on the other pieces to be able to achieve a pass. I noticed alot of the fails were at compulsory 5 which has no national final and in a way its the first competition most gymnasts will be able to do age wise which means the coach has no idea how that gymnast may compete under pressure. I have known many extremely talented gymnasts that train really well but crumble under the pressure and nerves of competition and since these are only 7 & 8 years old it is hardly surprising.

Does anyone know if the start lists are out yet for compulsory 4 and 3?
Yes we have the startlists as my dd is competing compulsory 4. There are 61 gymnasts doing compulsory 4 on Saturday and 40 gymnasts doing compulsory 3 on sunday

wow only 40 doing compulsory 3. That is much lower. There is usually around 65 compulsory 4 and 55 doing compulsory 3.

wow only 40 doing compulsory 3. That is much lower. There is usually around 65 compulsory 4 and 55 doing compulsory 3.
I think the numbers dropped a little last year - around 55 doing Level 4 and 44 doing Level 3 - I wonder how many Level 2 there will be!

Now you can do grades out of age I wonder if they will increase slowly.

Maybe that explains the drop in comp 4 and 3. Not rushing just to get a pass in age. It is also harder.

A lot of girls have taken comp 3 out of age in last 2 years. I would expect to see some of them appearing in the OOA compulsory 2 competition this year and next year.

I was interested to see that the Comp 3 beam scores this year were at a normal level. Last year the beam was scored very harshly with lots of girls only scoring 7 , with no falls, after scoring an 11 or more in the regionals! A few gymnasts AA score suffered because of this.

Actually only 11 girls made double figures last year on beam, this year only 11 girls didn't make double figures, or there abouts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back