WAG How to pick the right gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have searched and searched trying to find out more about gym ratings. Before everyone says it is about picking what is right for you (I know that) but there are certain things I would like to know in narrowing down our choices without having to personally go to every gym in a 50 mile radius. I Have tried word of mouth etc. I would love to see what the gyms % of kids injury rate. What the investment of team kids xcel Vs JO. Coach certification. Happiness of team kids. Is there anything anywhere like this on the Internet? ?? I would like to narrow down our options. Our gym is closing and I now have to figure out where to place my DD.

PM dunno on here, easiest way to narrow your options! You can look on my meetscores for % of Xcel vs JO, but you will have to figure them yourself & they won't be exact. I believe all usag coaches must be safety certified, but other than that.....

OP -

Short answer - no, there is no consumer reports for gymnastics clubs.

Direct observation is the best way. Word of mouth can be unreliable if the person is disgruntled.

You can ask on this open forum about gyms and will get some opinions.

Good luck.

From my experience, coaches also come and go. So, a lot of the things you listed could change quickly with a change in staff. You may not have the same experience at a gym that someone else had if a talented coach leaves or a problem coach arrives.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back