Off Topic what did your kid eat after gym for dinner?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
I cheated tonight. Mine ate a yakisoba bowl from cost co and two halos...oh, and a piece of cheese when she got home. We get home about 8:20, she is in bed by 9pm.

We get home about 9-9:15. Tonight I packed her a chipped Black Forest ham sandwich, fresh grapes, and a wrap made with peanut butter and bananas. She ate on the drive back.

Chipped Black Forest HAM sandwich. Chipped is a style of slicing....very very thin slice....ends up in pieces
So the ham is 'chipped' so it's kind of in pieces already between the slices of bread?
Thanks. Learnt something :)

Yep, like this.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1429593318.287039.jpg

My DD ate mashed potatoes and baked chicken in the car on the way home. Trail mix with chocolate chunks for dessert. Had some cheese and crackers on the way to gym, and a hard boiled egg with some sausage during break. We go right from school to a 4-8 practice and home by 9. She did homework, showered, we had a mini dance party, dealt with various owwies, and in bed by 10.

She loves noodle soups though. Mama is her favorite. We just don't have time for her to eat once we get home. I cook and pack dinner before I pick them up from school. I have packed soups, but it's too hot here now.

ETA, we clearly missed the boat on veggies today. She snacks on fruit at school, but one small salad at lunch isn't really cutting it. Mom fail right there.

My DD ate mashed potatoes and baked chicken in the car on the way home. Trail mix with chocolate chunks for dessert. Had some cheese and crackers on the way to gym, and a hard boiled egg with some sausage during break. We go right from school to a 4-8 practice and home by 9. She did homework, showered, we had a mini dance party, dealt with various owwies, and in bed by 10.

She loves noodle soups though. Mama is her favorite. We just don't have time for her to eat once we get home. I cook and pack dinner before I pick them up from school. I have packed soups, but it's too hot here now.

ETA, we clearly missed the boat on veggies today. She snacks on fruit at school, but one small salad at lunch isn't really cutting it. Mom fail right there.
Sounds delicious, wish I had a way to heat food up. Maybe I need to find a portable microwave lol

Sounds delicious, wish I had a way to heat food up. Maybe I need to find a portable microwave lol

I wish that too! One DDs gym has a microwave but the other doesn't. The one that doesn't, I pack the food in containers meant to keep it hot for a good bit, and dd usually so hungry she wouldn't notice the temperature either way. The girl can EAT! Ha ha!

Well, D ate dinner before gym. He had ham sandwich, salad, yogurt, potato chips, grapes, hummus and crackers. After gym (9:15) I cheated big time and took him to (gag) McDonalds. He had a double cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate shake. That was very unusual.

Reactions: COz
This is a great thread...yummy, those pics look delicious!!! Last night my Dd had three chicken breasts and she dipped them in barbeque sauce. She had cut up pepper slices and a bowl of salad with extra carrots. I tend to use Tupperware sectionals and will divvy out the food every few days so I can quickly grab and go on busy gym and soccer nights.

I eat a chicken veggie wrap & chocolate milk or green tea (iced decaf coffee if I'm feeling bad) after every practice without fail

We do mini meals before and after. Gym is either 5-7:30 or 5:30-8

With her schedule it seems she does a lot of grazing.

Been trying to get more breakfast into her. This morning, home fries, scrambled egg and strawberries.

I am also starting super smoothies. Or bits of stuff, a bit of turkey, a bit of cheese, a bit broccoli.
It seems she just doesn't want to do solids so much right before and after practice.

Last night was mac and cheese before, pasta and meat sauce after.
Tonight will be ribs and veggie before, spinach ravioli after.

I do a thermos for the ride home. She then has her treat when she gets home.

When we are really pressed for time, its the drive through, McDs or Taco Bell. Try to keep that to a minimum. Dessert treat would be a Dunkin stop. Yeah I know, horrible, but sometimes ya just gotta.

Food makes me crazy, is she getting enough, too much? Do I have the right balance?
And the Italian childhood, its so ingrained that we have "meals". I have to remind myself, healthy stuff is healthy stuff and it doesn't have to be hot. But I do miss our sit down family meals.

Reactions: COz
Chocolate milk on the ride home, then soup, crock pot or an apple and cheese before bed. Starbucks bistro boxes are great as well...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back