Any other adult gymnasts??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ambo2882

Coach
Gymnast
Hi! I'm 33 years old, mother of 3, and am having so much fun doing gymnastics again. I quit when I was about 12 (level 6) and started up again when I was 31. I am having so much fun but am noticing there are not a lot of adults who do gymnastics because it is such a challenging sport. Just wondering if there are any other adult gymnasts in this forum. Let me know!!! :)

I like to think I'm not an adult, though technically I am. I'm 21 and I competed till I was about 17. I took a few years off and am now back in the gym a bit! I also reached about a level 6 before I quit competing!

Same here. I graduated as a YMCA level 8 in Maine (with level 6 skills). I'll be 33 next month and am in my fourth competitive season as an adult. The first three seasons I did USAIGC (and LOOOOOVED it! so much love and support all around) and this year I'm competing USAG as an Xcel gold. I'm by far the oldest competitor up here (no other adults that I've noticed) but for the most part, I've been getting positive feedback from people. Someone's mother came up to me after my meet last weekend and told me I was her "hero." :) There's also an awesome Facebook group for other adult gymnasts. Let me know if you want to join it.

I am a 34 year old adult gymnast! I always wanted to participate when I was a kid but my location and affordability for my family made it not possible. I was so excited when I found a few gyms within an hour of my home that offered adult classes. Sometimes I get strange looks from people when I mention doing gymnastics, but I love it!

I am a 34 year old adult gymnast! I always wanted to participate when I was a kid but my location and affordability for my family made it not possible. I was so excited when I found a few gyms within an hour of my home that offered adult classes. Sometimes I get strange looks from people when I mention doing gymnastics, but I love it!
haha, I get those same looks! ;)

Same here. I graduated as a YMCA level 8 in Maine (with level 6 skills). I'll be 33 next month and am in my fourth competitive season as an adult. The first three seasons I did USAIGC (and LOOOOOVED it! so much love and support all around) and this year I'm competing USAG as an Xcel gold. I'm by far the oldest competitor up here (no other adults that I've noticed) but for the most part, I've been getting positive feedback from people. Someone's mother came up to me after my meet last weekend and told me I was her "hero." :) There's also an awesome Facebook group for other adult gymnasts. Let me know if you want to join it.
I would LOVE to get the info for the FB page! I just found a girl who is 23 and getting back into gymnastics and she wants to compete with me but we don't know about any adult competitions. We would love any info you have and are willing to travel to do it! So fun!!! :)

I'll be 40 in August and I'm an adult gymnast! Got up to about level 8-9 (although back then they were called "class I, II, III," etc). Tumble track and pits make it especially fun. If there's a FB page, I'm interested!

I am a 33 year old level 8 adult gymnast who trains with USAG girls but competes AAU. Message me if you are interested in the facebook group--we have about 200 adult gymnasts and have camps and meets to share info. on.

Though I am not an adult, I think it's awesome that you all do gymnastics as adults! You're all really proving gymnastics isn't just a "Kid's" sport :p

I would LOVE to get the info for the FB page! I just found a girl who is 23 and getting back into gymnastics and she wants to compete with me but we don't know about any adult competitions. We would love any info you have and are willing to travel to do it! So fun!!! :)

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The name of the group on Facebook is "Just like a fine wine... adult gymnastics group."

I'm an adult gymnast too, 33. Started about 6 years, but due to injuries and pregnancy, I've actually been about 3.5-4 years (makes me feel so much better lol). Compete AAU xcel ATM :) Make sure you join the FB page, it's a great resource and encouragement!

There is also NAIGC for adult gymnasts wanting to compete still. Women's has a level 8 and a level 9 division, and mens' both do the same level but have a collegiate division and a classic (adult) division.

I am an adult gymnast. I do TnT, not artistic, and am 20. But last year was my first year competing since I did artistic at 11.

I'm an adult Trampolinist. I took it up again 3 years ago after a very very long gap. I currently train 5 times a week and I'm competing at regional level with a view to do a national comp later this year.
I'm total proof that you are never too old to go gymnastics

I am 19 and I had my first class yesterday!!

Since it's a summer semester, there's only one class a week, which kind of suck, but we are less than 8 persons in that class, so the trainer could spend some time helping me with my carthweel as I've never been able to do one and even though I spent the entire time doing carthweels, I can already claim that I'm in love with gymnastics!

(There was a gymnast that was training there during our class and the first time I succeeded to land on my feet from the block, she congratulated me on that. She was so nice!!)

I just started at 17. Not an adult, but not a child or tween either. How far have you guys progressed? I had my first class on Monday and I'm still sore from conditioning.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back