Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was interested to see that the Comp 3 beam scores this year were at a normal level. Last year the beam was scored very harshly with lots of girls only scoring 7 , with no falls, after scoring an 11 or more in the regionals! A few gymnasts AA score suffered because of this.
Yes the beam scores were a lot lower last year but I guess it was the same across the level - perhaps they gave more connections this year - equally it was the first year of doing the routines last year

The compulsory 3 beam has been made easier this year. All the connections are not required on the leap and spin series.Gymnasts get a bonus for linking all 3 spins and another bonus if all the leap series is connected. Only 2 out of the 3 are required to be connected.

The reason everyone scored low on beam was because comp 3 is all about connections, almost the whole routine is based on connections so if you don't get them then you lose big time, as it was the first year last year it will took a while for the clubs to recognise this and realise, hence why now having done it last year and been caught out big time clubs really focused on the connection parts of the routine

The reason everyone scored low on beam was because comp 3 is all about connections, almost the whole routine is based on connections so if you don't get them then you lose big time, as it was the first year last year it will took a while for the clubs to recognise this and realise, hence why now having done it last year and been caught out big time clubs really focused on the connection parts of the routine

Actually no - chocolate is right. A lot of the connection values and requirements on beam for compulsory 4 and 3 have been reduced/ removed in the recent amendments. Hence the higher scores this year. The connections are no longer as important so clubs didn't worry about going for them as much and played safe, reducing falls.

Actually no - chocolate is right. A lot of the connection values and requirements on beam for compulsory 4 and 3 have been reduced/ removed in the recent amendments. Hence the higher scores this year. The connections are no longer as important so clubs didn't worry about going for them as much and played safe, reducing falls.
I never said she was wrong at all! I was agreeing with her and saying why the beam scores were much higher this year! All I was saying is someone can fall and score a similar score to,someone who doesn't if they miss their connections, sorry if you guys took this the wrong way like it looks like you did didn't mean anyone to think I was disagreeing as I wasn't I was agreeing!

Also I judged beam at regionals and yes it's not as big this year but it was still the main reason for the girls loosing marks for example 1 girl didn't fall off but didn't make her connections and 1 girl did fall but made her connections and their scores only had .'s in between them

That makes sense - there was a big difference in scores between this year and last year on beam! I wonder if that is the same for level 2/Level 1?

I look forward to seeing the level 2 start list. There are a very large number of girls going from our region. I'm not sure that there will be a lot less than the number of level 3s this year.

I look forward to seeing the level 2 start list. There are a very large number of girls going from our region. I'm not sure that there will be a lot less than the number of level 3s this year.
@floppycat that's great that you know of so many doing Level 2 - which region are you in?

I look forward to seeing the level 2 . it start list. There are a very large number of girls going from our region. I'm not sure that there will be a lot less than the number of level 3s this year.
Dont suppose anyone has any details of days and timings yet for comp 2/1? need to get hotels and travel booked, its always so last minute and coaches always say ' it might be different from last year!'

Dont suppose anyone has any details of days and timings yet for comp 2/1? need to get hotels and travel booked, its always so last minute and coaches always say ' it might be different from last year!'
I heard it was podium Saturday and comp sunday but don't quote me on it...... do you have far to travel?

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1431030975.234724.jpg

Compulsory 1 list xx

Looks like the Level 1 and 2 comp is going to be very good! What happened to Sky Bebbington? Does anyone know - she didn't do voluntary level 2 and isn't on list for comp 1 - I know she was injured - she was really good

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back