Off Topic Just a share..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
My DD is a young scholar. I don't say that in an abstract way, but rather I use it as a concrete term. She is a Jack Kent Cooke Young Scholar; a program kids apply to during seventh grade, which financially helps and academically guides them from eighth grade to college.

We are one of those families for which gymnastics, and extra curricular activities in general, have been a financial struggle. My DDs acceptance into this program made all the difference in the world. When I received the email last week that told me the foundation was ready to start paying for her gymnastics I actually cried. It is huge for us, both educationally (they are paying for high school as well) and in terms of gym... And summer camp... And travel... And just the boost in my DDs self confidence.

Anyway, I am not sure if anyone is interested, but I know that previously talking about my daughter's experience has guided at least one person on here to apply for this program, and the more people who know about it, the more kids who have a shot. So, if you are a family that struggles financially, with a child who has big dreams, please take a look.

that's really awesome! thanks for sharing! my daughter is still really young, but I'm going to remember this and apply if she qualifies when she's older.

That's great for your daughter! I'm glad there are great programs like this one out there!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back