Coaches Recommendation for a bar system?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coachkazoo

Coach
Proud Parent
Can anyone recommend a portable (no anchors) bar for a recreational gymnastics program out of a rec center, i.e. it's set up / put down. We are just starting to purchase equipment (starting from scratch) and cannot decide on a bar. We'd prefer something up to age 14...THANKS COACHES!

Yes, these look great, you're right. But I was told that they have to weighed down with extra stuff (like sandbags). If that's true, that seems like a lot of work. Does anyone else on here have an experience with these?

The centre that I work at (not a purpose built gym, but a leisure centre) has these bars http://www.gymnova.com/en/catalogue...tom-folding-mat-ref-7080-and-trolley-ref-3850

I'm not an artistic coach but I'm told by the artistic coach that they are best portable bars she's used and they don't take up much space. They are also simple enough to put up/down that the casual staff can do it, and they generally can't do much!

Hmm. Maybe those freestanding ones work but I'm having a hard time envisioning anything that could work for teenagers without additional weight or cables. Even when you drill into concrete for single bars, the stated weight limit usually is 80 lbs. you can go more for pullovers and front supports though, but not for a lot of stuff. So I would think freestanding bars would either need to be extremely heavy, or they would need additional weights.

Oh - idea - unless you get P-bars. But those are pretty heavy. Could they maybe be put to the side? They won't take much space. They can be adjusted to do a lot of beginning drills and p-bars movements, then you could set up other stations around them for conditioning.

there is nothing out there for teens. little kids yes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back