Parents New here. Need some WWYD advice . ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yeah, I feel like the previous party pretty much opened the door for a contingent of the team to think this is an okay or preferable way to schedule everyone for a party, a point hadn't really thought of earlier. I bet other people will feel the same as you about the second party but maybe don't want to make waves. Since this one seems more optional, I definitely think you should attend practice first.

The coach offered to arrange for someone to sponsor T. Sigh. I'm very grateful, but it's also hard always feeling like the charity case. Thanks again everyone.

So I am assuming this is not the first time you have raised concerns about an over and above charge? Or that its not the first time that someone has had to sponsor your child?

Money doesn't grow on tree's and I realize that it may seem like we are all constantly being asked for money for something. Heck you can't go grocery shopping anymore and not be asked to buy:

girl scout cookies
boyscout popcorn
some charity at the register

I may be in minority and judging by all the posts I think I am. I would be okay with the $25 extra. Yes I understand that practice time is missed and it was previously paid. I also realize though that learning to be apart of a team and working together is something that lasts a lifetime, beyond gymnastics. If that $25 would help build better relationships then I'm good with it. Plus next year your child won't remember what she worked on that day in practice. However, she will remember working with her team on a team building project.

Sometimes memories are worth $25

Ever remember a time you didn't want to go to something? When you have more fun than you thought you would... Were you glad that you went?

Sometimes the funnest times we all have starts with "I don't want to go, but I should..."

Once is a special occasion. Now its starting to become a thing.

First our coaches wouldn't go for it. Next we all pay too much here to "miss" practice for an additional cost.

Yeah I would be cranky, now.

Plus next year your child won't remember what she worked on that day in practice. However, she will remember working with her team on a team building project.

Sometimes memories are worth $25

Ever remember a time you didn't want to go to something? When you have more fun than you thought you would... Were you glad that you went?

Sometimes the funnest times we all have starts with "I don't want to go, but I should..."

I don;t remember ever having fun doing something I didn't want to do... but I do remember EVERY time I missed a practice (football, baseball, volleyball, band, track, and softball) and I regret them all... even band - which I ended up dropping due to multiple concussions.
I missed one football practice in 2 years - the 2nd to last before the Pumpkin Bowl my last year... that may have been the practice that the RB finally understood the Reverse! As it was, he never did get it, so we couldn't use it... and we lost... barely.
Baseball, I went almost 5 years without missing a practice. I missed three due to bronchial pneumonia in my 3rd year. When I came back, the coach had decided that I would sit out half the next game since i hadn't been at practice much. It was the only game that I ever got struck out in AND didn't get more than a single.
Volleyball, I missed 6 practices in 2 seasons for doctor's appointments. I was strictly a back row worker because I had trouble setting and couldn't spike. Who knows if I would have gotten better at setting- I sure don't... but I do know that Wednesdays were the days we did "Set" drills and that was also the day my stepmom made the appointments.
etc, etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back