WAG Taking a break..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
Well, 9yo DD wants to take a break from gym for the summer as shes having a difficult time adjusting with everything. Ill still check around on here and comment so I dont have my account deactivated. She thought we were all going to be mad at her, but I told her as long as she is happy then that is what I want for her. I am a little disappointed as I know how much she loves it, and I dont want her to let go of her talents and dreams, but I am keeping it all inside and I am being supportive of her decision.

Bye for now everyone, and thank you for any and all advice, etc. that has been given to me over the time I was a part of your lives. You never know, but maybe after the summer she will see how much she misses it and want to go back lol.

My older DD is quitting competitive dance next month, so I feel your pain. It is HER thing, but I still can't help to feel a little disappointed. They all have to figure out their own paths, right?! Good luck :)

Good luck to you, and like others have said, it's HER journey. Sometimes a break is needed to really figure out that one MUST do gymnastics, or dance, or play soccer... Sometimes it just isn't what they were meant to do, and something else that fires their passion comes along. Either way, I wish you a happy, healthy kiddo!

Well, you just never know! Dd "quit" after states in April, tried doing just tumbling and is itching to go back to gymnastics now. I have to admit that I was hoping she would return, but I let her make the decision. I think she thought that all her neighborhood friends would be available to play more, but it turns out they are busy with other things and sitting around at home is not as fun as the gym!! As SurpriseGymMom said, sometimes they need a break to discover that gymnastics truly is their passion. If she doesn't go back to gymnastics, at least you can know she has built a strong base for almost any sport. Good luck!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back