backbend kickover help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I kick up like 3 inches and fall again. :( I am also scared that my arms will give out and i'll fall on my head. i try going on a hill and doing it but i get too scared. help!

Well first of all, please only work on them in the gym being you don't have it yet! Second, shoulder flexibility and arm strength play a big role in a kickover. Try bridging up next to a couch or wall and pushing your chest to the couch. That will stretch your shoulders out. As long as you don't bend your arms you won't fall on your head in your kickover! Third, if you are self taught I highly recommend taking a beginner gymnastics or tumbling class! It will help immensely and coaches will be able to tell you exactly what you need to work on. Fourth, don't give up! It took me a year to get my kickover! It probably won't take you that long but at least you know that it's taken others longer.

Well first of all, please only work on them in the gym being you don't have it yet! Second, shoulder flexibility and arm strength play a big role in a kickover. Try bridging up next to a couch or wall and pushing your chest to the couch. That will stretch your shoulders out. As long as you don't bend your arms you won't fall on your head in your kickover! Third, if you are self taught I highly recommend taking a beginner gymnastics or tumbling class! It will help immensely and coaches will be able to tell you exactly what you need to work on. Fourth, don't give up! It took me a year to get my kickover! It probably won't take you that long but at least you know that it's taken others longer.
oh my gosh, a year? i hope it doesn't take me that long. thanks for the help! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back