Parents GYM CAMP HELP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

jellybean

I'm thinking of sending my daughter to IGC, or a gym summer camp at a gym she's switching to. We will probably have her go to the gym one for just a few days to see if she likes it. Ive heard a lot of good things about IGC like rec time, and food, and coach experience. Have your children been to it? and whats it like? I dont like woodward and neither does she. Please help with reviews of camps, especially IGC!!!!!

How old is your daughter? DS went to IGC last year and loved loved loved it. He was 10 last summer.

Pea has done IGC for the past two year and loved it. A good mix for her of 'fun' gymnastics (i.e. trying new things with two sets of hands on you at all times ;)) plus some free time to feel a little grown up. They also do a lot of cabin team building activities. Pea packs a leo for every day, plus a regular outfit. She also bring regular camp stuff (they provide you with a pretty good list.) The one thing we brought which worked really well were those over the door hooks. Put them on your bunk to keep towels, gym bag, rain jacket etc. There were NO hooks anywhere in the cabins.

I'm thinking of sending my daughter to IGC, or a gym summer camp at a gym she's switching to. We will probably have her go to the gym one for just a few days to see if she likes it. Ive heard a lot of good things about IGC like rec time, and food, and coach experience. Have your children been to it? and whats it like? I dont like woodward and neither does she. Please help with reviews of camps, especially IGC!!!!!
She is ten

You know, my son is VERY attached to his family, but the whole time he was at IGC, he only wrote me one letter. He was too busy having fun and too tired at the end of the day. That tells me everything I need to know! Ten is a great age for them to have this experience.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back