Off Topic Prayers for Flood Victims

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippinam

Coach
Gymnast
We have had some major rains in the past few weeks, so the ground is already saturated and flooded in some areas. Last night, we had even more storms that caused severe flooding in several areas. Three local families were spending their Memorial Day weekend about two hours from home at a cabin near a river. One family is a couple with no children, the second family is a couple with a six year old son, and the third family is a couple with a four year old daughter and six year old son. The storms last night caused the river to rise at an unprecedented rate: 33 feet in just 3 hours! The flow rocketed from 400 cubic ft/sec to 69,000 cubic ft/sec. Around 4 am, while the three families were asleep, the water wall swept the house and all its inhabitants away. The father of the two children was found with a broken back 12 miles from the site of the house, but all others are still missing. My family knows two of the three families, as one attends my sister's school and the other attends my school. Please pray that the others are found alive! The prognosis is grim, but we are praying for a miracle! Our community is gutted. A tragedy of this magnitude has not hit this close to home in a very long time.

I saw this when a friend posted it earlier today. I knew about the one family, then saw two other families were with them. Prayers for peace and a good recovery for him, and prayers that his family and the other families are found. Lots of thoughts and prayers to your community as they deal with this tragedy as well.

That is awful! We have had record rainfalls and flooding here too. I am so sorry to hear what happen to them. What a tragedy. I will be praying!

Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts. Unfortunately, I do not have any more news on the missing people yet. However, the lab belonging to the family with two children was found alive and relatively uninjured in a tree. I am hoping this means there could be hope for the people as well. So keep praying for a miracle! It's far too soon for those three babies to have gained their angel wings, and all of the adults as well.

Oh man. lots of thoughts and prayers.
I'd heard about the missing mom & kids. That was bad enough, but then to hear of a connection to them, somehow makes it even so much worse :(

I have some heartbreaking news. As of now, the deceased bodies of the mother of the one 6-year-old boy and the 6-year-old son of the sole survivor have been found and identified. All others are still missing. All rescue efforts have been called off as of a few days ago, and it is now a matter of recovery. Heaven has prematurely gained two beautiful angels, and likely six others. Please pray for the father who has survived his wife & children. I cannot begin to fathom the pain he is currently enduring.

I have some heartbreaking news. As of now, the deceased bodies of the mother of the one 6-year-old boy and the 6-year-old son of the sole survivor have been found and identified. All others are still missing. All rescue efforts have been called off as of a few days ago, and it is now a matter of recovery. Heaven has prematurely gained two beautiful angels, and likely six others. Please pray for the father who has survived his wife & children. I cannot begin to fathom the pain he is currently enduring.

The devastation in Texas is unbelievable. That is one tragic story. There are many many others. People have died while rescuing strangers. Houses that have never ever flooded have feet of water inside. I don't know how many hundreds of cars have flooded.

The worst part is.... we keep getting MORE RAIN! There were thunder storms this morning and more are expected tomorrow and Sunday. The sound of thunder in the middle of the night that was once soothing now makes many of us very very nervous.

It's like a reoccurring hurricane with no name.

The devastation in Texas is unbelievable. That is one tragic story. There are many many others. People have died while rescuing strangers. Houses that have never ever flooded have feet of water inside. I don't know how many hundreds of cars have flooded.

The worst part is.... we keep getting MORE RAIN! There were thunder storms this morning and more are expected tomorrow and Sunday. The sound of thunder in the middle of the night that was once soothing now makes many of us very very nervous.

It's like a reoccurring hurricane with no name.
It's crazy! I wish it would just stop! Our meteorologists said that they expect this weather pattern to continue throughout the ENTIRE SUMMER!! I am thankful that in my city, we haven't been hit too hard, at least by the rain itself. I feel like these are stories that we see on the national or international news & think "Oh I feel bad for them." It's weird to be in the middle of it. I have family all throughout the state, including some of the hardest hit areas. I feel like I'm constantly worrying every time the phone rings.
I've definitely been praying for all the missing, deceased, or injured. The loss of these three families has been especially hard to cope with because they were part of both my church & school communities. And the fact that three young children were involved makes it so much harder.

People said we are getting more rain this weekend and my brain just screams Nooooo! We are done. I have been here for hurricanes Ike, Rita and Katrina and tropical storm Allison and others. The flooding matches or beats any them. Personally, I am grateful that I am safe and my car is still dry but I constantly watch the weather and am very careful to not be on the road during the worst and now we are worried about tomorrow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back