WAG Level 6 Beam-Back extension roll

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomtotwo

Proud Parent
Does this meet the Level 6 requirements for beam?. DD was working on it for Level 5 instead of the BWO, but now the team is doing 6 instead. She is doing really well with it. I think it is actually a beautiful skill , but wondering if she can now use it.

Yes, she can compete this in level 6! They are very cool looking, I hardly ever see anyone compete it. It will give the judges something different to look at ;)

Hopefully she'll still train back walkovers and back-handsprings on the side though, otherwise it'll be a huge jump from 6 to 7! There's really only so far you can go with a back extension roll on beam, which is why they are often not learned or competed. Nonetheless, it is a definitely a different/cool skill to compete on beam and congrats to your DD for having the guts to do it!

Yes, she can compete this in level 6! They are very cool looking, I hardly ever see anyone compete it. It will give the judges something different to look at ;)

Hopefully she'll still train back walkovers and back-handsprings on the side though, otherwise it'll be a huge jump from 6 to 7! There's really only so far you can go with a back extension roll on beam, which is why they are often not learned or competed. Nonetheless, it is a definitely a different/cool skill to compete on beam and congrats to your DD for having the guts to do it!
She is 8, and while she can do a back walkover, she is too scared on the high beam. She has inflexible shoulders, and just didn't trust that her hands will get where they need to be. So she started working it a few weeks ago, and it is goin well. Such a pretty skill. She is so happy doing it. She is working BHS on the low beam with lots of mats. She has a long way to go, but the coaches think she will get there. She has a year and a half before 7 so hopefully.........

I love that skill! My DD tried to get it when she first moved into optionals but couldn't ever get the roll straight enough to stay on beam. I think I've seen it once in competition. Best of luck to her!

Yes! My daughter competed tic toc back extension roll in L6 and it was very pretty! She was the only one I've seen do it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back