Coaches Vestibular

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jym

Coach
Proud Parent
I've read a couple of things on here about certain behaviours being 'vestibular'.

I've never heard of this before I read it on this site and Google tells me that it's to do with balance and spatial awareness.

Can anyone explain it further?
What exactly is vestibular and how / when does it manifest?
What is the treatment/solution?

Thanks an advance.

The treatment is the exact same for any mental blocks or vestibular issues, (chicken or the egg, which came first? doesn't matter). TIme, patience, work around the issue, don't add stress to it. Ultimately avoiding the issues is the best solution, which is very hard to do. But how you handle the problem the day it rears it's ugly head is critical. We have a two "no go" rule, after the second "no go" in one rotation we move onto something else. This is very helpful and often helps to eliminate the problem from happening. If you make them keep trying then its sets the problem in the mind and creates a block. It's not a 100 percent cure, for some kids it only takes one turn and they develop the block, in that case it's time to back away from the skill and work something else for a month or so. Best of luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back