Parents Travel Question, coaches pls pipe in too

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They should do the trip. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Especially since it will be with their grandparents who might not be able to make such a trip when the kids are older. How can you put a price on that time?

I think they will be fine and ultimately 3 weeks will not determine their skill level at that point. If it was right before states then I'd say see if you could schedule it differently, but this is already in the off season - there is never going to be a erect opportunity. Unless the kids are really opposed, I would make the plans for them to attend the full vacation with the grandparents.

So, their flights are booked. I was talked into doing a little earlier by my mom, so now they are going to have 13 days to tour Spain, Portugal, and possibly France with my parents before meeting up with us for the cruise home. I know it is the right thing to do; but man... I'm going to miss them!

I'd definitely send them but with knowing that this will negatively affect gymnastics. But the experience far outweighs that though!

Let them go... They will remember this for the rest of their lives. My son who is an excellent hockey player missed two weekend showcases in a row to go on a three week road trip with his grandfather cross country. His hockey has not suffered a bit, and it was an amazing experience! I hope they have the time of their lives!,,

Absolutely go. They are so lucky to have grandparents that want to spend time with them. Unfortunately, my kids grandparents have to be begged and bribed to spend time with there grandchildren.

i'm leavin on a jet plane, nokippingfor mewhilei'mgone, leaving on a jet plane, trampolinecanwaittilligetback. :)

i'm leavin on a jet plane, nokippingfor mewhilei'mgone, leaving on a jet plane, trampolinecanwaittilligetback. :)

We just got back from a 2 week vacation. And it the second time we have been out that long. There is some thing to be said about being physically rested. My son seems stronger when we get back. I often think we WAY under value rest in this sport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back