Complusory grades

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here here for a speedy recovery for Drew! Looking at the scores for comp 2 I noticed quite a big difference between 10th place and then down by 2.2 points to 11th and the rest, that's quiet a gap usually there is tiny amounts between gymnasts. The top 10 will want to stay top 10 in the voluntary comp at the end of the year so that gap is quite beneficial perhaps.

You would have thought Drew and Amanda would have scored in the top 10 had they competed

What happens with re-takes? Do those scores count towards the end of year scores for GB squad or does it have to come from the actual final?

You would have thought Drew and Amanda would have scored in the top 10 had they competed

What happens with re-takes? Do those scores count towards the end of year scores for GB squad or does it have to come from the actual final?

No it only comes from the 2 in age finals. I think they sometimes name girls to BG squad who are injured in the older squads but not sure about the home nations development squad. I was under the impression they are taken directly from results. In the summer some extras are named for the 2nd six months of the year if squads are depleted.

I don't think so - I think it is purely the scores from the In Age Compulsory and the In Age Levels at the end of the year - those scores combined. The re-takes in September are simply another chance for girls to pass the level or anyone that wasn't able to do it 1st time round
I think Sky Bebbington stayed in GB squad even though she only did compulsories - but she won compulsories that year and was injured for Levels - I may be wrong though

Here here for a speedy recovery for Drew! Looking at the scores for comp 2 I noticed quite a big difference between 10th place and then down by 2.2 points to 11th and the rest, that's quiet a gap usually there is tiny amounts between gymnasts. The top 10 will want to stay top 10 in the voluntary comp at the end of the year so that gap is quite beneficial perhaps.
There is a big gap between 10th and 11th place - from what I hear the judging was quite tough - a good mix up of names too and in order of placings -

Yeah, looks like 2 moved out of top 10 and 3 who didn't compete from comp 3 last year. Think the very top girls will always stay there, the second half of the 10 do move around a bit each year. Just depends what happens on the day as we all know!

Yeah, looks like 2 moved out of top 10 and 3 who didn't compete from comp 3 last year. Think the very top girls will always stay there, the second half of the 10 do move around a bit each year. Just depends what happens on the day as we all know!
Very true! Its all about the competition

Can you do Comp 2 in May OOA and Level 1 re take In Age in September and Comp 3 OOA in may and Level 2 In Age in September - just wondered if that was possible under the new rules
wondered if we would see any OOA comp 2 girls do their In age Level 1 at the retake later this year

Can you do Comp 2 in May OOA and Level 1 re take In Age in September and Comp 3 OOA in may and Level 2 In Age in September - just wondered if that was possible under the new rules
wondered if we would see any OOA comp 2 girls do their In age Level 1 at the retake later this year
I believe you can only do one grade per year but I'm not 100% sure about that

you used to be able to do comp 3 OOA in spring and L2 with the retakes in autumn.

Olivia Reeve was one who did that, IIRC.

you used to be able to do comp 3 OOA in spring and L2 with the retakes in autumn.

Olivia Reeve was one who did that, IIRC.

It has always been one grade a year allowed from BG. There may have been a few 'special arrangements' but it is not generally allowed.

Only one grade a year allowed. But now there are no age limits for OOA it won't matter as much as it did.

Do you fine folks feel the same reading our US posts as I do reading your UK posts?
Thoroughly. Utterly. Completely. Lost. ??
o_O:D

There are three different routes - some have in age, some have out of age, some have a minimum age. Some lead to national finals some don't. There are grades and levels, compulsories and voluntaries and each region has its own rules.

What's not to get? ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back