Voluntary Levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xrachx

Coach
Proud Parent
I'm at the stage I'm more utterly confused than when I started looking into this.

DD is competing in Voluntary levels in September (presuming level 6 but not 100% sure), and I can't for the life of me find any information about what moves she must compete, the value of other moves she's allowed to compete, and moves she's not allowed to compete.

I know they effectively build their own scores, but for example does that mean she could be up against girls competing giants, when she's possibly only competing baby giants (if she consistently cracks that one before Sept anyway)?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

I'm at the stage I'm more utterly confused than when I started looking into this.

DD is competing in Voluntary levels in September (presuming level 6 but not 100% sure), and I can't for the life of me find any information about what moves she must compete, the value of other moves she's allowed to compete, and moves she's not allowed to compete.

I know they effectively build their own scores, but for example does that mean she could be up against girls competing giants, when she's possibly only competing baby giants (if she consistently cracks that one before Sept anyway)?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)
No not at all, voluntary level are not set things the kids have to do but have restrictions, our region doesn't have a voluntary level 6 it starts at 5 so as for the requirements she would need I couldn't help you

I would be very surprised to see Giants in voluntary 6, typically level 4 as voluntaries are on wooden bars, may turn up in voluntary 5 out of age but don't really know. Each region will have their own rules, but rarely published.

Level 6 is set by the region itself so you would need to look in their handbook to see the requirements (most include it). Most Handbooks can be found in each regions section of the BG website.

I don't think you would be allowed giants in level 6. You typically might not be allowed upstarts or vaults over table or somersaults on floor at that level. But they do vary a lot.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately BG eastern region is shocking for information like this, so no joy there.

But the lovely Mumof2gymnasts was able to enlighten me as to what happened last year, and it sounds like DDs routine is pretty much identical to what was competed last year for level 6.

Just have to see what happens in September now! :)

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately BG eastern region is shocking for information like this, so no joy there.

But the lovely Mumof2gymnasts was able to enlighten me as to what happened last year, and it sounds like DDs routine is pretty much identical to what was competed last year for level 6.

Just have to see what happens in September now! :)

I know, info for East is bad, we don't even have a county website, just a useless Facebook page, the closest thing for great info in the East in Hartfordshire, they have a great county website with lots of great info,( could be spelt Hertfordshire), that is the closest we will get I think.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back