Canadian Equivalent to Tops?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Chickadee

Proud Parent
I have noticed a few different threads regarding Tops lately. Is there a Canadian or provincial equivalent to this type of training? And if not, what would be the normal progression/training for girls that make it to the national levels?

Gymnastics is still a mystery so I'm asking out of pure curiosity.

We have the Defi system in Quebec. 6 levels starting at Defi 1. Most girls doing Defi 6 are L7 P3 or P4. Like TOPs not all gyms participate.

Thanks for the replies. We're in Ontario and my DD has compted in the ODP as a 5 and 6 year old, so after 2 years I think I finally understand that program...at least a little bit. The information on the CPN was really helpful. There are a few girls from DD's gym who are currently at or recently compted at this level but I never really understood what it was. DD still has two years left at the ODP level so I think we'll continue to take it one day at a time and not worry about anything after that :). Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the replies. We're in Ontario and my DD has compted in the ODP as a 5 and 6 year old, so after 2 years I think I finally understand that program...at least a little bit. The information on the CPN was really helpful. There are a few girls from DD's gym who are currently at or recently compted at this level but I never really understood what it was. DD still has two years left at the ODP level so I think we'll continue to take it one day at a time and not worry about anything after that :). Thanks again!!!

You are welcome and very lucky might I add, because up until this year the whole CPN program was shrouded in mystery, lol. The info was never available to the public and certainly not on the website. I got a clandestine copy from another Chalkbucket member. :)

And she can at age 7 begin to compete routines at invitational meets, just not the provincial qualifying system until she is 9. And CPN starts at age 8.

You are welcome and very lucky might I add, because up until this year the whole CPN program was shrouded in mystery, lol. The info was never available to the public and certainly not on the website. I got a clandestine copy from another Chalkbucket member. :)

And she can at age 7 begin to compete routines at invitational meets, just not the provincial qualifying system until she is 9. And CPN starts at age 8.

CPN may not be shrouded in mystery any more but it is changing. They haven't gotten rid of it entirely but our club has said there will only be one CPN level instead of the current Aspire and Elite. Anybody hear anything similar?

CPN may not be shrouded in mystery any more but it is changing. They haven't gotten rid of it entirely but our club has said there will only be one CPN level instead of the current Aspire and Elite. Anybody hear anything similar?

I haven't but my dd is older than that and we don't have any of that level at dd's gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back