Star leotards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NEgymmum

Proud Parent
Hi,
An advert for Star leotards popped up on my Facebook the other day so I clicked to have a look.
They seemed to have some reasonably priced leos, has anyone had one from their? Just wondering what the quality and sizing is like?
Alternatively, does anyone have any other recommendations for reasonably priced but nice leos for training?
Thanks

DD got given one for he birthday, nice leo, average fit but took FOREVER to get here - I think it ended up being 4 weeks from order to delivery. The mum who ordered it was very embarrassed.

My daughter has a Star leotard - she got it for Christmas last year. They are stunning when they first arrive.

Sizing is fairly standard - about the same as Milano.

However the foil has come off my daughter's star leotard which hasn't happened on any of her others. The one she chose was a two coloured foil which may have affected it.

I hope that helps.

Very slow delivery and didnt wash or wear very well!

Basic Leo's for training - AStar are reasonable on price and wear well, My girls favorites are Milano, GK or Quattro. We have recently bought from Pink leisurewear - the south durham ladies, very good service there too!

Very slow delivery and didnt wash or wear very well!

Basic Leo's for training - AStar are reasonable on price and wear well, My girls favorites are Milano, GK or Quattro. We have recently bought from Pink leisurewear - the south durham ladies, very good service there too!
I agree Pink Leisurewear leos have been excellent so far! My daughters love them and the service is quick and comes beautifully wrapped too :)
My two love GK and Quattro as well

I agree Pink Leisurewear leos have been excellent so far! My daughters love them and the service is quick and comes beautifully wrapped too :)
My two love GK and Quattro as well
We have also just bought 'pink' leotards for our rec kids training leotard

A star were very slow for us too. And when I chased they then offered to just cancel the order and didn't seem very fussed. Given I was ordering for a club practice leo that we had discussed with them and they knew there would be plenty of follow up orders I was a little surprised. Later orders have been quicker though so I think it is all about luck and how busy they are.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
We've only had Milano and Quatro till now and I've been really pleased with both. My 6 yr old only does 1 hr a week of rec a week and her leos have still been as good as new when she's outgrown them! But my 4 yr old is doing 4 hrs in a development squad and I've noticed her quite new quatro leotard has quite a few little pulls at the front I don't think it's anything to do with the quality of it, I think it must be something she's doing in training. I guess the extra hours mean it's going to get worn out more quickly and she's wearing the same one all the time as her other one is long sleeved and it's obviously too hot for that at the minute!
I did think the price of the star leos might be too good to be true!
I'll look at the other brands you all suggested and invest in another and then maybe they won't wear out as quick!
Thanks again

Are we talking about "Star leotards" or "A Star leotards" When talking about slow delivery?
Just wanted clarification! Thanks!

The Zone are quite good for reasonably priced velour or plain Lycra training leotards. My eldest has one that's 3 years old and it still looks like new. They're not quite as shiny or sparkly but they wash well!

For training eBay is always your best bet.

I know velour/velvet isn't fashionable any more, but they machine wash well, stretch, are comfy, and don't fade or wear. I have some plain printed lycra ones too which are the same.

Foils, stones and metallics just don't stand up to repeated washing.

Pink has a velour Zone leo I bought, second hand, from ebay 5 years ago, she still wears it. It has grown with her and is a bit thin on the bottom now but she still loves it

We have found that the Zone foil leotards lose the print really quickly, but DD finds them the most comfortable to wear. Her Zone velour leo is even softer and washes brilliantly, I can see that one growing with her

I second the zone and milano her 1st was a zone black fabric not velour with printed arms it has lasted well she has been wearing it for 3 and a half years lol she is in the same size leotard as she was when she started the print had faded but at one point she only had the one leotard and I was machine washing and tumble drying 4 times a week! Their velour ones are so soft as well and seem to wash really well fortunately due to my Leo obsession they don't get worn as often so still look like new and I bought them last march I do love milano but find the long sleeved ones even on my skinny kid the sleeves are long and tight

I ordered from star and it never arrived. Repeated emails got no response and after six weeks of waiting I had to claim my money back from PayPal. Really disappointing as I loved the design I was ordering :(

I ordered from star and it never arrived. Repeated emails got no response and after six weeks of waiting I had to claim my money back from PayPal. Really disappointing as I loved the design I was ordering :(

That's awful! Definitely not going to order from them now. Thanks for replying.

I ordered one a while back now after a friend brought my daughter one for her birthday, the one as a present was late, took 6wks to arrive, the one I ordered never arrived. After emailing I was told it had been dispatched, then was told order had been mixed up, I eventually asked for a refund and said I wouldn't be recommending the leotards to which I got an email saying they would refund, and they didn't give a damn if I recommended them or not. Can't remember know what they called me, but I I do remember I was very shocked by it as we're friends that I showed. I will never order from them again or recommend them to anyone.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back