Another JO question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1canadiangymmom

Proud Parent
It was explained to us that there is no longer going to be ‘regular’ national novice. So right now we have Provincial, National Novice, High Performance National Novice, National Open and High Performance Junior and Senior. Supposedly it’s going to be JO or High Performance Novice, Junior or Senior. So my understanding is you enter Elite Canada (and Trials) as a National Novice and the top so many become High Performance and everyone below that will be Level 10. Level 10 still goes to Nationals but they are not considered National Stream. Gymnastics Canada is trying to separate into two streams, one JO and one High Performance. But that would mean National Open wouldn’t be around right? That they would be Level 10?
Does anyone out there have a clear understanding of this? I am utterly confused.

Wow this is news to me. Dd is going to try and make HP Novice this year. I guess novice and open will be level 10 divided into age groups like in the USA? Makes sense to align everything with their program.

I wonder what this means for the CPN program? I also wonder if other parts of the US program will be incorporated, like TOPS, Hopes, etc.

I have no idea if this is fact or not, just what I have heard, and wondering if anyone knows what the actual facts are. I heard the CPN is staying as is for now. Honestly, no idea.:confused:

I've heard nothing so far about national novice and open. What I did hear is that CPN is sticking around but with only one group, no more dividing into aspire and elite.

I heard that National Open will become Level 10 provincial. And National Novice is staying national Novice - HP and Not HP.

On the gymnastics Ontario website(summer newsletter) it confirms that National Open will be level 10.
It also says that Provincials for Level 6-10 will be at Futures - April 8-10/15.
It also says that there are two elite canada screenings - one in Belleville on Nov 13-15 and the second at Burlington Dec 4-6/15

I've heard nothing so far about national novice and open. What I did hear is that CPN is sticking around but with only one group, no more dividing into aspire and elite.
i see on Ontario calendar Aspire 1 and Aspire 2 for Belleville and Burlington . Looks like they will still devide CPN ?

Interesting. Perhaps the division will be by age instead of skill level. So Aspire 1 is 8/9 yr olds and Aspire 2 is 10 yr olds. Or not. Who knows really? It is fun to speculate though!

And it appears gymnastics Canada has redone their website and none of that great information is available any more.

Almost everything is only available by signing in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back