Parents New trick!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amusibus

Proud Parent
Tonight my gymmie did her round off back handspring all by herself unspotted for the first time. Pretty cool. This is a big deal for her as she is super cautious. She is liking gymnastics more the more new stuff she learns. Thinking back a couple years I am amazed at what she's learned, things that at the time seemed so far off.

That is a milestone! I still remember my DD's first one (I happened to catch it and video the next one. She watched it over and over and over with so much pride...) ;-) Very special moments to celebrate indeed! Yay!

What a great achievement!

When my daughter finally got her ROBHS, she and the coaches were so excited that they let her call home to tell me. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the gym's number on the caller ID--I thought she had gotten hurt.

My DD just got her kip yesterday...and, today, not one on her own. I've watched every girl get it and then lose it for a week or two. Then it slowly comes back and takes a while to get solid, then they can do it on the high bar. How frustrating.

Oh yes
My DD just got her kip yesterday...and, today, not one on her own. I've watched every girl get it and then lose it for a week or two. Then it slowly comes back and takes a while to get solid, then they can do it on the high bar. How frustrating.
Oh yes, we've been doing this dance since October! But it is moving in the right direction. Some days she'll get 10 in a row, other days...not so much! But she has a lot of conditioning this summer, so hopefully that will be the key. Good luck!

Oh yes
Oh yes, we've been doing this dance since October! But it is moving in the right direction. Some days she'll get 10 in a row, other days...not so much! But she has a lot of conditioning this summer, so hopefully that will be the key. Good luck!
And then, once she has it solid, it will be the same song and dance with her squat on, then cast to handstand, then piroutte, her front tumbling connections, back tumbling connections, and don't get me started on beam... It never ends..... Your post is a nice reminder of that for me as my dd struggles through a L9-10 tumbling pass this week she could do a few weeks ago. :)

Amusibus- congrats to your dd!!

Thanks folks! I didn't actually *see* the very first one, but the coach let her show it to me when I came to pick her up. Now she is just complaining that our trampoline is too small for her to do them at home (this is probably a good thing). Coach says she's super close on the kip...tho I guess the "super close" phase can drag on for a long time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back