WAG Coaching question: Giants

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For girls Giants can be done with fingers under hole time or with thumbs under then when get to hand stand swap over and then again swap to giant. Gianting with thumbs under will break them

For girls, We teach support skills the thumbs wrapped and swing skills with thumbs beside the fingers. As they pass through support in circling skills, the thumbs momentarily "wrap", then go back beside the index finger.

Just asked my DD and she said she never wraps her thumbs under the bar for any skill. Now....I don't know if that's the right answer or not, but that's what she does. LOL

I wrap my thumbs around on strap bar for the whole time. (our strap bar is on a men's hi bar) on the real bar, I wrap my thumbs around for the cast handstand, then put them next to the rest of my fingers for the Giants. It's messing me up though...going from strap bar to real bar :(

I don't even understand how it could be possible to do a giant on the women's uneven rail with your thumbs around the bar.

'Normal' giants no -Front giants - yes:)

the thumbs release on the way up and regrip on top. you can't do this giant either with your thumb gripping tightly all the way around the bar.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back