Complusory grades

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Interesting that the pass mark for compulsory 1 is lower. I wonder if they will raise it when the standard goes up. Hardly anyone scored under 50 even this year.

Anyone notice that they did put the pass marks up? Now 53 for compulsory 1 and 54 for compulsory 1 (from 2016). That's a full 6 marks higher/harder for girls doing compulsory 1 next year - quite a hike and some of the girls who went through this year were a bit off that kind of score.

I can see that it addresses the issue of the Challenge Cup route being so much tougher to get to elite, but it will further reduce numbers of espoirs and maybe put a few more clubs off even trying? It feels to me that they are moving towards a situation where 'elite' will really be a tiny group of very special individuals who also happened to be in the right club by the right age. If that's the case I think they need to give more opportunities for the rest, or gymnastics may be an increasingly difficult sell as a sport.
Just my thoughts.

Wow that is a big hike up. I did think it was too low before. It was almost a feeling of 'if you enter and can chuck the moves you will be given a pass'. Which I didn't like. Will be interesting to see how many pass next year. I do think it is encouraging that issues that we discuss are obviously being discussed and thought about already at top levels.

Did you notice if the pass mark for compulsory 4 and 3 has also gone up? I haven't had a look yet.

There was girls doing 1 and 2 who were not doing all the requirements and still passing, I think this is the main reason for putting the pass mark up, also I know there was a girl who entered comp 1 and challenge (so if she didn't qualify through 1 she had challenge to fall back on) she did pass comp 1 but still went and did challenge and I believe she had a more or less normal competition e.g.no big mistakes and she didn't even come in the top 10 at challenge!

There was girls doing 1 and 2 who were not doing all the requirements and still passing, I think this is the main reason for putting the pass mark up, also I know there was a girl who entered comp 1 and challenge (so if she didn't qualify through 1 she had challenge to fall back on) she did pass comp 1 but still went and did challenge and I believe she had a more or less normal competition e.g.no big mistakes and she didn't even come in the top 10 at challenge!

Oh that is interesting , I thought you were not allowed to enter challenge once you had passed compulsory 1. I thought you were allowed to enter but forfeited the entry fee if you passed the grade first. They must have changed the rules. But yes I know there were some girls not competing the full requirements that still managed to pass which seems a nonsense really. Good that they have changed that.

I agree the previous pass mark was too low and was surprised at the standard of some of the routines which still resulted in a pass to be honest. I think they could have put it up in a couple of steps though, to give them chance to assess after the first step. It's a big leap in one go and I'm not sure that's a good move.

They haven't put the pass mark for 4 and 3 up but they have changed the rules about who goes to nationals.

where is the link to the new information on the increase in pass marks? Im interested to have a little read - thanks

It's on the BG Website- June 2015 Womens Technical Update.
Under Technical information? Then Womens Artistic Updates?? I can see apparatus help sheets which have been uploaded in June but not these document??? am I going mad??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back