WAG Kip!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BPD304

Proud Parent
My oldest DD finally got her kip today! It has taken her months and many tears of frustration but she did it! She asked me to stay today to watch as she said she just had a feeling today was her day. She turned 10 a month ago and said all she wished for was to get her kip. So proud of her for reaching that milestone!

Yeah!! Super exciting.... Now you have a long road ahead.... Good luck

Her coach warned her it will come & go for many weeks ( months I'm sure) and not to get upset if on Monday she doesn't even get one! I told her now she knows what it feels like she can just keep working it and moving forward. Her new goal is her kip consistently but also the high bar kip in the level 4 routine... She gave herself till Christmas

Congratulations to your dd.....my dd got her kip Tuesday, it was so exciting. She too has been working so hard for it. She actually started writing a letter to the kip fairy every night for the past two weeks. After tons of letters, a lot of kip fairy dust, practice, millions of push ups and prayers she finally got it. My 7 year old has been walking on cloud nine since she did it. So happy for you that you were allowed to watch, team parents are not permitted in my daughter's gym. Congratulations, you both can breath easy (at least for the weekend).

A BIG deal! Go for ice cream! My dd got hers by herself at open gym when she was 7 and never lost it. But my ds struggled with it for over a year! Adding into his frustration was sister always reminding him how easy she got hers. Ah, sibling rivalry! But I tell you what- mom and dad made a way bigger deal out of ds's kip than dd's...those hard fought skills are truly a triumph when they are conquered!!

And as an illustration of the milestone... coincidentally, on the day your dd got her kip my dd brought up and reminisced about her first kip. She remembered the moment with amazing detail, right down to every girl there-even though only 1 girl remains. She also remembered what was going on in her head, in that very moment, to finally get it. That was 5 years ago...lol

Congrats to your dd!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back