WAG Inspiration and belief help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone :) my name is Leia and I am training for level 9 and I am going through a fear and I am really in need of some inspiration and belief help! I have really been so negative lately and I need to know how to change that and how to become more mentally tough? Can anybody recommend something that would help and show results? :)

Just tell yourself you CAN do the thing whatever it is. It's the "Stay on" vs. "Don't fall off" mindset. Your mind is just messing with you, acknowledge that the fear exists and tell yourself it doesn't control you. Understand what it does and take a step back, do drills rather than the skill that the fear is actually coming from. Like standing back handsprings instead of a full tumbling pass if the fear is tumbling backwards. OR try to find substitute skills for whatever is affected by the fear.

Tell yourself there are lot of other things you CAN do and don't focus on the one thing you can't. You'll get no where and it's pointless. So what if you can't do ____ right now, I'm never going to be able to do a lot of things due to injury and just physical inability, fear is something you can change. Know that and just work slowly towards eliminating it, reassuring yourself along the way that everyone has issues and there's plenty od stuff you can do.

This doesn't make negativity go away it just helps you realize you're being negative. Rather than getting sad, get frustrated, cry for 5 seconds, and then just force yourself to do something. Or at least that helps me.

Tony Horton (P90X guy) tells me to not say you CAN'T...say "I am presently struggling with..." :) Good luck!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back