Parents Traveling with a friends' child.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Technically, you should have written consent from all parties with parental responsibility to travel with a child.

It is increasingly common here for adults travelling with children (especially with different surnames) to be challenged, and not allowed to board.

So, for example, a mother travelling with her child alone must have written consent from the father, if he has PR.

I got stopped coming back to the UK with DD.

Here in the U.S. It is pretty simple....when I travel with my kids, they just take the boarding pass and ask who is who......that's it......now out of the country is a different story.

I will take a copy of the birth certificate, and a consent form and that should be enough. I don't even think the birth certificate is needed.....also, I could take the child's passport, but it is expired.

Here in the U.S. It is pretty simple....when I travel with my kids, they just take the boarding pass and ask who is who......that's it......now out of the country is a different story.

I will take a copy of the birth certificate, and a consent form and that should be enough. I don't even think the birth certificate is needed.....also, I could take the child's passport, but it is expired.
If it is expired, it does no good... like once, I had a State issued Photo ID (a Driver's Permit, good for 12 months)... expired by 3 months... only needed ID to prove that I was me to take a test that my college required, but my state didn't. I was DENIED admittance because it was expired... so it was no longer me?!?!?!?!?!?! I had to have my brother take me 6 miles down the road and get a new State ID (Non-Driver) just to take the stupid test.

Since kids are allowed to fly as unaccompanied minors, I think the fact that there is an adult willing to take responsibility for them is part of the reason the airlines don't really care as long as the kids know their own names and where they are going.

If it is expired, it does no good... like once, I had a State issued Photo ID (a Driver's Permit, good for 12 months)... expired by 3 months... only needed ID to prove that I was me to take a test that my college required, but my state didn't. I was DENIED admittance because it was expired... so it was no longer me?!?!?!?!?!?! I had to have my brother take me 6 miles down the road and get a new State ID (Non-Driver) just to take the stupid test.

Since kids are allowed to fly as unaccompanied minors, I think the fact that there is an adult willing to take responsibility for them is part of the reason the airlines don't really care as long as the kids know their own names and where they are going.
It's official, the birth certificate copy , just in case, and the letter of consent signed by the parents.......the airlines said that is plenty....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back