WAG Make it Right Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastca25

Proud Parent
Would you recommend this camp for a 9 year old who is a working 6/7? I can't decide if it is worth the cost and if it would be too hard for dd.

My daughter and 4 teammates are going. They are all 8-9 years old training 6/7 also. Her coach went last year and says they are ready.

No definitely not. Her old gym stopped doing tops and she was injured when she joined new gym. The new gym just started a tops program. I have no idea what hopes even is about.

The make it right camp is a tops/ hopes developmental camp.

Have you watched the camp video? I'm just wondering if that would help you decide/ feel better. Really, only her coaches will know if she is ready, and only your family can know if it makes sense money wise.

The make it right camp is a tops/ hopes developmental camp.

My dd was invited to this camp several months ago. She is 10 and working on level 9 skills. She is too old now for Tops (although she tested for two years). As far as I know, she is not on Hopes track (who knows what HC has planned?!). I called the director of the camp, and spoke to her directly. She said this is an excellent camp for perfecting form at optional levels. They separate out the girls into Tops, Hopes, and optionals. It is not a "fun" camp. It is hard work. I felt it was a good opportunity for dd get to get high level coaching out of state. I think Tammy Biggs will be there? My dd has worked with her before, and it helped her on beam.

I think your dd will be fine. We have 4 girls going....ages 9-11. Level 6-10. I hope this answers your question!

DD wants hard work camp. Just not sure she really "needs" to go since she already gets great coaching. I have just never looked into any camps before and I just can't decide.

It is pricey for a camp. Keep that in mind. The price for 3 days at this camp is 6/7 days at most others.

Sometimes, that's the deciding factor!

My DD was at this camp in December. This is a great camp 3 days of twice a day training. Morning and afternoon. This is definitely not a "fun" camp but a camp with lots of hard work put in by the girls and staff/coaches. There is no parent viewing at this camp!

My daughter has attended. Her and her teammates didn't get much out of it, gymnastics wise. They all said it was much easier and more relaxed than their practices at home. There are alot of young small girls so it sounds like it might be more geared towards the younger kids. Our group of girls were 11-15, levels 9-Elite and practice twice a day at home. But they had a great time and enjoyed the "camp" part of it.

My dd said it was much easier than practice too but it was a great experience. She liked the drills. However, my dd is only 9 years old and is a working 7.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back