WAG This week I...

• Thread starter Deleted member 17723
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

What new skills did you learn this week (or last hehe) or corrections?
I got my back walkover on a medium beam, my full turn on a high beam, a free hip on strap bar, an arm circle for vault, a round off back handspring SET, a punch front and a runout kip on strap. I corrected my front handspring step out front handspring.

Haven't gotten anything new in the past 2 weeks but I've improved a few of my upgrades.

Beam: better bwo bwo form (high beam) and round off on low beam.
Bars: better shapes with my giants on strap, freehip to hs on strap, layouts on pit bar.
Floor: RO BHS BT, FHS FT, and front layouts.
Vault: slooooooowly fixing my FHS 1/2 off and improved tsuk timers.

Beam: round-off, switch leap on low beam.
Bars: flyaway w/ spot (in XCEL, so it wasn't really required for my level), toe hecht.
Floor: haven't done much because of nagging injury.
Vault: same as floor.

I got my full and double turns in my handstand, round off on my floor beam, tenstica and front walkover on floor beam, I improved my switch leap on beam, and I got my bhc with grips on. And my abs got a big workout!

I've kind of hit a block on getting new skills at the moment but that's mainly due to mental blocks. Anyways, I got my straight arm backwards roll on floor last week! I'm about to take two weeks off of most gymnastics as I'm having surgery to remove a lymph node in my arm next week so I'm hoping I'll come back refreshed and ready to face my mental blocks! Fortunately, I'll still be able to work on some conditioning, dance elements for beam and floor, and some other things. Congrats to those who've gotten new skills and or improved them!

I got a back handspring on high beam, switch leap on high beam, front tuck off of beam, ring leap on low beam, back layout on floor, switch ring on floor, cast flyaway on bars, and finally figured out how to vault again! :)

Front tuck on floor at last, tidier handspring on the fast track, and the big one - double turn on beam! My coach was up there with me and his were better than mine to begin with, which I think is what made me try so hard :p

I'm still working on my D leaps and turns on floor, so it's crazy that I got a D skill on beam first!

DD isn't old enough to post here, but from what she told me after workout today, she landed her first double backs into the pit. And I try not to stay too often, as like duyetanh, I get so nervous watching her do some of the crazy things she can do now.

Reactions: sce
My dd (just 7) got her press, back flip (tramp) and back and front salt (tramp) all this week. Last week she got her back walk over. Massive couple of weeks here.

I can add tried a flyaway, a bwo on high beam, and a spotted punch front off beam :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back