Routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sometimes the girls have some input, older girls have more younger girls very limited. We have a separate choreographer for floor and beam routines. Routines Are changed once or twice a year. Smaller club experience the coaches had a collection of routines for each grade limited use of choreographer.

How do you mean?

Competitions vary- I've been to comps where everyone does the same routines exactly- usually floor and vault or beginner comps where the floor routine is 10 moves down a mat strip. I've been to comps where they all do the same required skills, but can put it in their own routine- so as long as the beam routine has cat leap, forward roll and arabesque in, for example, the "dance" and order is up to the individual. Grades, for example.

There are comps where the routines are "voluntary", like regional levels, where gymnasts can choose their moves from a list or rule requirements and set them in their own routines.

In addition to all that some clubs will give gymnasts identical routines, especially young or low level ones. It means it's easy to teach, they can all learn together, they will remember by watching each other...Individually choreographed routines take quite a lot of 1:1, and if the gymnast forgets it you have to start again!

dd will be working towards level 4 , but not until 2017 our club doesnt compete 5 , her friend will be doing level 4 next year and said she is allowed to make up some of the dance moves , Im thinking how are you supposed to come up with the moves haha ? dd has only ever competed floor and vault as she is only 7 but at the start of the summer she has been put on the elite pathway to work towards level 4 and although its a while yet cant help thinking how the heck I can help her come up with the moves :)

Coaches will do all that :) Some gymnasts will have their own ideas and the coach may take that on board, but parents won't be expected to make up routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back