WAG IGI Chicago style? Anyone??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have heard that the organizational structure is annoying for coaches and judges. As a gymnast it was very exciting, very big. There was a shuttle from the hotel to the pier, but sometimes it was full or inconvenient so we wound up taking a cab. We got to see a college meet one night which was very inspirational.

I have heard that the organizational structure is annoying for coaches and judges. As a gymnast it was very exciting, very big. There was a shuttle from the hotel to the pier, but sometimes it was full or inconvenient so we wound up taking a cab. We got to see a college meet one night which was very inspirational.
As far as I'm aware, there is hot competition among the judges to get assigned to this meet...it's a great weekend for everyone.

Loved this meet--our gym went many times and always enjoyed it. Winter in Chicago doesn't bother me, but then again I'm from Minnesota, so didn't feel that cold to me ;-)

carmel corn and cheese corn combined - fresh. Delish! They have other flavors too.

I also forgot Geno's East, Chicago style deep dish pizza. We stood outside in -10 windchill last year waiting for a table; its that good.

I think the popcorn is called Garrett's Chicago Mix. It is the real deal! The only complaint I heard was that the age groups were alittle different than some meets. For example, level 7's youngest age group was 11 and under, and there were only 3 age groups in each session. Not the end of the world to me, but I did hear some complaints...

... The only complaint I heard was that the age groups were alittle different than some meets. For example, level 7's youngest age group was 11 and under, and there were only 3 age groups in each session. Not the end of the world to me, but I did hear some complaints...

These are the kind of things that have to be done when the meet organizers are scheduling thousands of gymnasts into the six gyms over 3 days. All big meets do this. Just remember to be patient and not stress over not having a session schedule a month before the meet; as I said, they are scheduling thousands of girls. Don't try and call the meet organizers, they only communicate withe the designated club representative.

Thanks Meetdirector and Gymmies.....that's good to know....
If our gym picks this one, we all have to fly which is not a big deal but obviously the competition dates and times matter big time especially when booking flights.
As far as the meet itself, I assume it will be tougher than what we are used to in our state, which is the whole idea.....

We do at least one flyaway each year and it is usually the favorite meet because of so many reasons! I would definitely go for it! Chicago is a great city and IGI does the meet very nicely - my girls loved the free leotard and we bought the previous years leotard for only $20, I think... awards run very smoothly. Enjoy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back