WAG RANT: My 10yo is not a giant!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I hear it a lot about my 11yo. She is about as tall as your 10yo. She does look really tall at the gym. She also has long legs, which are pretty noticeable. But she is by no means tall for her age. I also agree that kids grow at different gets and rates, so how tall someone is at 10yo may not be any reflection on them being the tallest or shortest later on.
Correction she was measured today. She grew 4 inches in the past year and is taller than your 10yo. She is 1/2 an inch form 5 feet. This puts my 11yo in the 75th percentile. Not a giant but not small either. She is thin, her weight is under the 5oth, so it accentuates how tall she looks. Definitely, tall for gymnastics, but who knows how much more she will grow?!?

Hehe, my 3 year old nephew rode space mountain at Disneyland. He only cried when he realized it was over!
A little jealous of your nephew. I went to Disney World at 3 and 5 and missed Space Mountain both times! My dad and brother went while my mom and I hung out on Dumbo :p.

My girly will be 13 next month & she is just under 5'1", I think. All legs! One of the taller gymnasts at her gym ..but shorter than her peers at school.

Reactions: sce
This reminded me, my 12 yo was a "helper" at VBS this summer and she was working with the second graders. She kept getting mistaken for a second grader! Now that did annoy her.
We have a 17 year old that competes for the high school (used to compete for us and MAY do so this season if the cards line up correctly)... she has helped out at gymnastics camp every year. This year, the mother of the girl she was working with could not fathom that she was so much older than her 8 year old daughter (the high schooler is 4 ft 5 in tall in shoes). She was also the 3rd smallest marching out at he showcase in the "team line" and the ones smaller than her were 8 and 9.

We have a 17 year old that competes for the high school (used to compete for us and MAY do so this season if the cards line up correctly)... she has helped out at gymnastics camp every year. This year, the mother of the girl she was working with could not fathom that she was so much older than her 8 year old daughter (the high schooler is 4 ft 5 in tall in shoes). She was also the 3rd smallest marching out at he showcase in the "team line" and the ones smaller than her were 8 and 9.

I know how she feels! I'm 4'6". I wonder if I would have been good at gymnastics. :)

Here is my ODD last season at a meet with one of her teammates from the same level and age group. When I put it on fb, our family was all, "it's so nice how she is sweet to the little ones!" Which she is, but yeah.. Same age. Ha!
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1440721978.386187.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back