WAG Floor music style

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yuenling

Proud Parent
My daughter is in level 8 and excited to choose her own floor music for the first time. She seems to like music that sounds "epic". She's middle of the road in terms of age and size. She's not particularly a power tumbler or a ballerina type.

I've never paid attention to floor music selection before. Is there anything we should consider in deciding whether this is good music for her?

For those of you who have been around for a while, what do you think when you hear "epic" floor music?

epic means dramatic to me (and not overused)
My dd is not getting new floor music this year, but she loves game of thrones.
My other "epic" ideas are carmina burana (Not sure I spelled that correctly), black violins kind of choices. I'll see if I can find some...

Unfortunately, "epic" music is too old and dark for my daughter, according to her coach. Back to the youTube board.

I notice we tend to gravitate toward melodious floor music, but that a lot of the music out there doesn't have much of a melody. Could melodious music be distracting? Should we look for rhythm and sound?

My daughter competed Level 9 last year and will be 10 this year. Last year's music was somewhat 'epic' though I wouldn't describe it as dark! Rather, dramatic! This year she is getting new music and has also chosen a very 'epic'/dramatic song. She is a very powerful tumbler, not a 'ballerina' type so the music suits her.

I agree that 'melodious' tends to not have much melody lol! I would stay away from music that is very repetitive. How old is your daughter? Some of our younger 8s have used some Disney tunes with great success. Our gym typically picks about 3 songs for the girls and they get to choose one of the three. In this way, the coach is really picking! MAybe your coach can do this?

Mine wanted "epic" (think movie soundtracks like Narnia and the Hobbit) but her coach thought that was too overpowering for her. They finally settled on this:
DD is 11 and hates "cutesy" upbeat music. It took us all quite a while to find something that both she and her coach could agree on. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back