Coaches xcel questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jasmynn

Coach
Proud Parent
Can silver do ro/bhs/bt on floor as a connection. Or ro/bt? Can they do aerials? Are the tumbling passes limited?

They can do one salti but only one. Fir more info go on USAG website. All the requirements are there.

I've been to the website and download all the documentation, but the tumbling on silver is vague. So, is this acceptable?
1st pass. Ro/bhs/bhs
2nd pass ro/bhs/bt
Also an aerial in the routine.

you cannot do the BT and the Aerial in the same routine... Pick one or the other.
Also, you will have 3 BHS in the routine... they will only count 2 of them, so better to do ROBT OR the aerial as your 2nd pass.

Thanks. I understand they will only count 2 bhs, but will they deduct for the third?

Thanks. I understand they will only count 2 bhs, but will they deduct for the third?
They will if it is not absolutely perfect.
Every skill you do can have form deductions. a third, unnecessary, skill is a waste of your time and energy. If you want the ROBHSBT, then only do a ROBHS the first pass.

So her routine ended up with. 1. Ro/bhs/bt
Front walkover
Ro/bhs/bhs
She has an aerial and beautiful layout, she's a really strong tumbler. It's just a shame she can't add it to routine. I guess we'll just have to save it for gold.

What about a roundoff back handspring back tuck and an aerial to back handspring step out maybe? What is the front walkover for? Can she do a standing aerial, then she might be able to do front walkover aerial if she can hold her leg up out of the walkover, but if she stumbled in between it wouldn't count.

What about a roundoff back handspring back tuck and an aerial to back handspring step out maybe? What is the front walkover for? Can she do a standing aerial, then she might be able to do front walkover aerial if she can hold her leg up out of the walkover, but if she stumbled in between it wouldn't count.
In Silver, they can only do one salto or aerial.

Kip, tap swing, and hasn't worked on bar dismount. Also, she just started gymnastics this year.

Kip, tap swing and hasn't worked on bar dismount. Also, she just started gymnastics this year.
Kip is not a requirement until Platinum. Also, they can do a variety of dismounts from high bar as Gold... example: glide, pullover, cast, back hip circle, cast squat on, jump to high bar, immediate dismount (even the L4 half turn... without tap swings). As she gets more bar skills, they could be added.

We'll look into it. Thanks. it's obviously our first year doing xcel, so any input is greatly appreciated!

We'll look into it. Thanks. it's obviously our first year doing xcel, so any input is greatly appreciated!
I know all the requirements, etc. It is our team's 4th year doing Xcel and all of our Xcel girls compete either Gold or Platinum... but I also know the rest of the requirements because they are on the same print outs :)

If she can squat on and jump to the high bar, she doesn't need a tap swing or kip. Although it seems to me the easiest thing would be to learn a tap swing and tap 1/2 turn, it's not strictly necessary. Still, I think it would be by far the easiest thing. If she can do all that other stuff you listed easily I think she can learn some swings and a 1/2 turn dismount.

Pullover, cast horizontal, back hip circle, squat on, catch high bar, swing, swing 1/2 turn. That should count as 6 A value parts by my calculations (I'm not a judge though and the Xcel rules have changed a lot so you should double check this) but that seems pretty doable to learn in a few months. The cast horizontal is a special requirement so she'd need to try to get the cast up there. The swings should count as one tap swing counter swing (one A) and one tap swing half turn (another A).

Pullover, cast horizontal, back hip circle, squat on, catch high bar, swing, swing 1/2 turn. That should count as 6 A value parts by my calculations (I'm not a judge though and the Xcel rules have changed a lot so you should double check this) but that seems pretty doable to learn in a few months. The cast horizontal is a special requirement so she'd need to try to get the cast up there. The swings should count as one tap swing counter swing (one A) and one tap swing half turn (another A).
That is exactly the routine our golds compete and they have a 10.0 sv (unless they don't make the cast).

I was just going back through this thread and want to thank you all for your input! She won State here in Texas last year 1st AA silver and she Won 1st AA Regionals Gold this year at Galveston, TX. I had a few other girls place first as well. Awesome Season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back