WAG Jealous schoolmate - stop me now!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kimute

Proud Parent
Just a bit of a vent.

A school dad today rejected my offer of a play date between our girls because, "Missy is starting to get really good at gymnastics and is kind of the playground star with all her friends". Evidently, playing with my DD would be bad for her ego.

Missy is a recreational gymnast. I'm sure if she trained 20 hours a week, she'd be better. and who cares?? It wasn't a gym play date. My DD is totally humble about gymnastics. She wouldn't even be doing gymnastics on a playdate with a non gym friend. They'd probably draw.

I have no idea if this is the dad or the girl being so insanely insecure, but I just had to post this instead of telling them that this is pathetic. Seriously??!!??

Well that's just crazy. I guess your DD is better off though. The only thing worse than small minded petty people are small minded petty people who hide it well. You're always better off seeing people's true colors. I hope your DD is able to have a great play date with someone nicer.

First I am still trying to figure out which kid is which. Is Missy the OPs or the Dads? Which kid is better?Oh the drama.

Next I am seeing flipping in a hotel room in the avatar and reminded of when my goddaughter broke her arm doing that.

Yeah no flippin on the beds.

I really didn't know what to say. I kind of tried to say it wouldn't be an issue but have thought of much snarkier come backs since.

Deleted member 18037, the point is it doesn't matter who is better. But to clarify, my DD is a Level 6 or 7 gymnast. His DD ("Missy") is a rec gymnast who trains about 18 hours a week less than mine.

Guess I best change my Avatar before I say we only do gym in safe environments! The bed flipping is so fun but we will heed the broken arm warning. That is a bummer.

First I am still trying to figure out which kid is which. Is Missy the OPs or the Dads? Which kid is better?Oh the drama.

Next I am seeing flipping in a hotel room in the avatar and reminded of when my goddaughter broke her arm doing that.

Yeah no flippin on the beds.
Missy is the dad's. OP's daughter is better. OP's daughter is not a rec gymnast.

This makes me glad my daughter goes to a gym outside her school district. The kids barely know she is a gymmie.

Wow...if he's that mental, you think he'd want the "prestige" of having his "play ground star" buddy up with a real gymnast...added cred and all that. *cough*

Mental.

I've had the same, my dd was really good friends with a girl at school who does gym at a different club to mine, she's training 4hrs a week, mine 19hrs. It was her friends birthday party and my dad was told she was going to the party, but then all of a sudden there were to many invited so my dad couldn't go!! Although it's never been said its due to the gymnastics, I'm pretty certain it is

Guess I best change my Avatar before I say we only do gym in safe environments! The bed flipping is so fun but we will heed the broken arm warning. That is a bummer.

Yeah I can vouch for that. I split my head open bed flipping when I was 18 months old and had to have stitches. oops

As my DD says, you know they are not doing 'real' gymnastics if they are doing it on the playground etc.....

Cartwheels and round off are fine, but.....oh, the horror!

I guess little Missy won't be doing gymnastics for long with that kind of parent. LOL

I've had the same, my dd was really good friends with a girl at school who does gym at a different club to mine, she's training 4hrs a week, mine 19hrs. It was her friends birthday party and my dad was told she was going to the party, but then all of a sudden there were to many invited so my dad couldn't go!! Although it's never been said its due to the gymnastics, I'm pretty certain it is

LOL ..... I had to read this 3x before I realized you meant DD not dad. I was wondering why you cared whether or not your dad could go!! :p

Hahaha I always double check what I write as dd always gets changed to something, clearly it was dad this time, it's been Dr in the past!! Need to triple check from now on, I do love predictive text

I can't even imagine not allowing my child to play with another kid due to an aptitude for sports, classwork, or art. That's just ridiculous and while I've met a few crazy parents before, I can't say I've ever met this brand of crazy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back