Parents Gifts for boys at meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2girls_gymmomma

Proud Parent
We are combining boys with girls this year for our invitational meet. Any gifts that boys have enjoyed at meets? I have girls in the sport...I know what they like! But have never been to a boys meet! Thanks!!

My son has gotten a t-shirt at every meet except one. At that meet her got a string backpack that he has never used. It ends up being a ridiculous number of t-shirts, but he wears them and likes them.

Over the years, D has gotten string bags, t shirts, water bottles, wrist bands, tape (a parent fav! LOL), frisbees, towels, blankets, hats, etc.

Mine loooooooves the tee shirts. He has enough now that he can wear gym tee shirts all the time, but he always likes putting a new one in the rotation. Water bottles are good because they are always losing them. Please no prewrap for prepubescent boys. Avoid things that make handy projectiles if you intend to distribute them before awards and anticipate a long ceremony.

LOL> They have gotten frisbies and juggling balls before with very explicit instructions NOT to throw them around. That has actually worked.

I am curious-- why no prewrap? At one meet, the boys got a roll of tape, prewrap, wrist bands and a towel and they loved it! The prewrap was in in fun colors so it was more interesting.

The boys all got prewrap once at a clinic for which I was driving three of them. The car ride back was . . . interesting. Level 8s? Sure, great. Tiny L4s? Noooooooooooo! Unless it's right before Halloween and you want a team of brightly colored mummies.

LOL. Maybe that is why the boys liked it. They were level 7-10. Best gift ever in my mind...saved me about $15..lol

Best of all was the conversation about what prewrap is for. The genius clinicians running this thing told them that someday when they were big strong optionals, they would all grow lots of HAIR that would stick to tape. They were all so shocked to hear this. I think some of them thought there might be some correlation between working out hard and growing HAIR, sort of like how the more pushups you do, the bigger and stronger your muscles get?

Best of all was the conversation about what prewrap is for. The genius clinicians running this thing told them that someday when they were big strong optionals, they would all grow lots of HAIR that would stick to tape. They were all so shocked to hear this. I think some of them thought there might be some correlation between working out hard and growing HAIR, sort of like how the more pushups you do, the bigger and stronger your muscles get?
Too funny.

My ds does not use pre-wrap. He should but instead acts tough as he rips the hairs off his arm! :eek: He really only uses tape when he has a rip that needs covering, but it's often enough that there are places that never have hair.

Whatever it is, know that eventually, you will have too many of them :)

But water bottles are always good.
Oh we already have lots of water bottles, but none of them are from meets, so the kids would like them if they got one.

I am amazed by how many team kids don't bring water to practice. They all drink from the water fountain. One, gross, two there is no way they are hydrating well enough that way.

My little guy and his teammates like the shirts. Their wardrobe primarily consists of tees and gym shorts, so I am not surprised. Water bottles come in handy too. They like to talk about gymnastics and show off when asked about their shirt or water bottle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back